Just after the first preview of the new Broadway production of Side Show Oct. 28 at the St. James Theatre, Playbill.com spoke with the show's creators, Bill Russell and Henry Krieger, who reflected on the final performance of the musical's original Broadway run.
Although it's been tried several times, it's not so easy putting a scary ghost story on the stage. The ghosts often seem friendly or helpful or simply misunderstood. Rarely do you experience the true terror of ghosts in the live theatre.
- PLAYBILL ON OPENING NIGHT: The Real Thing — Third Encounter of a Close Kind
- PLAYBILL.COM'S WEEK IN REVIEW Oct. 25-31: Did Critics Find The Real Thing and Will Matthew Morrison Be Back on Broadway?
- The River, Starring Hugh Jackman, Begins On Broadway Tonight
- Cheap & Cheerful Friday Night on Broadway! Our Discount Tix Guide for Tonight
- PHOTO EXCLUSIVE: "Rose Tint My World!" Behind the Scenes at Bucks County Playhouse's Rocky Horror Show
- Agony! Waiting for the Release of "Into the Woods" (as Told Through GIFs)
- PHOTO CALL: Norm Lewis, Julian Ovenden, Lauren Worsham, Fred Willard and Cast Offer Sneak Peek at the New York Philharmonic's Show Boat
- Victoria Clark's Full-Circle Moment Directing Light in the Piazza at Pace University
- STAGE PORTRAIT: Sting and the Cast of Broadway's The Last Ship
- More News »
- OBSESSED!: The Always Fluid Lillias White Pours it on Thick With Silky Smooth Riffs
- Laura Osnes and Brian Stokes Mitchell Ready to Jump on Board City Center Encores! Production of The Band Wagon
- Sierra Boggess Gets Spooked at Abracadabra, a Halloween Superstore
- Rob McClure, Tony Danza and Brynn O'Malley Preview Tunes from Jason Robert Brown's Honeymoon in Vegas
- More Video »