Sold! Second Stage Completes Million-Dollar Purchase for the Helen Hayes, Adding Fourth Non-Profit to Broadway
Second Stage Theatre, the not-for-profit Off-Broadway company founded in 1979 by director Carole Rothman and actress Robyn Goodman, has purchased Broadway's Helen Hayes Theatre for $24.7 million dollars. The deal was years in the making.
First Lady of the United States Michelle Obama took a trip to The Public Theater this afternoon to see the April 18 matinee performance of Lin-Manuel Miranda's acclaimed musical Hamilton, about Founding Father Alexander Hamilton.
- Must Watch: Hamilton Sings "What I Did for Love" To Original Cast of A Chorus Line
- Taking a Risk on Bye Bye Birdie Paved the Way for Avenue Q and Something Rotten!
- Those Dancing Feet! 10 Iconic Broadway Dance Numbers
- Photo Call: Brandy Readies For Broadway! Chicago's Next Roxie Hart Offers Steamy Sneak Peek
- It's Lisa's Turn! Why Tyne Daly Insisted This Broadway Breakout Got The Last Bow
- Must Watch: Darren Criss Blows You a Kiss as Hedwig
- Stage Views: Fun Home Star Beth Malone On Gigi, Hamilton, Unsinkable Molly Brown and More
- The King and I Broadway Opening Is Right On Trend With Spring Fashion!
- Playbill On Opening Night: Something Wonderful! Romance Sizzles in The King and I
- More News »
- Lin-Manuel Miranda and Hamilton Cast Stage an Unforgettable Musical Celebration of A Chorus Line
- EXCLUSIVE: 9-Year-Old Kolette Tetlow Performs Soaring Anthem "I Am a Hawk" From Iowa
- EXCLUSIVE: Lena Hall Covers Jet's Raucous "Are You Gonna Be My Girl"
- The Vault: Baayork Lee Talks Original Broadway Production of The King and I
- More Video »