Built in 1923 under architect Herbert J. Krapp, the Imperial Theatre was designed specifically for musicals, and it became the fiftieth Shubert-owned theatre. In its long history, the Imperial has hosted a series of historic musicals, including 5,000 performances of the 16-year run of Les Miserables.
|Jan 1, 1973 -||"The Shubert Organization, Inc."||Theatre Owner|
|Jan 1, 1924 - Oct 20, 1931||Shubert Theatre Corporation||Theatre Owner|
|Dec 25, 1923 - Dec 31, 1924||Messrs. Shubert (Lee and J. J.)||Theatre Owner|