The annual Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction, produced by and benefiting Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, is held in the heart of New York City’s theatre district October 1 from 10 AM–7 PM.
Theatrical memorabilia from Broadway and Off-Broadway shows as well as treasures from theatre owners and producing organizations, unions, guilds, marketing groups, ticket agencies, concessionaires, and fan clubs line West 44th and West 45th Streets. Some of the many shows in the lineup include & Juliet, Here Lies Love, The Lion King, Kimberly Akimbo, Moulin Rouge! The Musical, Six, and Sweeney Todd, plus tables honoring The Phantom of the Opera and the 40th anniversary of the original cast of La Cage aux Folles.
The Autograph Table and Photo Booth will also provide theatre fans with the opportunity to meet a host of Broadway favorites for the price of a donation to Broadway Cares. This year's Autograph Table and Photo Booth will be headlined by Harvey Fierstein, Tituss Burgess, Danny Burstein, David Byrne, Charlotte d'Amboise, Claybourne Elder, Ann Harada, Cherry Jones, Beth Leavel, Howard McGillan, Debra Monk, Lauren Patten, Michael Urie, Adrienne Warren, and more. Click here to see the full list of participating stars.
The day-long event also features a silent auction in Shubert Alley and the live grand auction in the Times Square pedestrian plaza between 45th and 46th Streets. Bidding continues for the silent auction items in Shubert Alley during the in-person event, with lots rotating every 30 minutes between 10 AM–4 PM.
Bryan Batt, who’s currently starring in Pay the Writer Off-Broadway, returns as host of the live auction alongside auctioneer Nick Nicholson. Back to the Future’s Jelani Remy co-hosts the silent auction with Michael Goddard.
Among the numerous live and silent auction lots up for bidding at BroadwayCares.org are:
- Lunch with Oscar winner and Tony Awards host Ariana DeBose
- A private meet-and-greet with Josh Groban, as well as two VIP seats to see him in the Tony-nominated revival of Sweeney Todd
- Musical phrases handwritten and signed by Jason Robert Brown from Parade, Stephen Schwartz from Wicked, Stephen Sondheim from A Little Night Music, and more
- A Mean Girls script signed by Tina Fey
- A custom Harold Hill Broadway Funko POP! figurine signed by Hugh Jackman
- One-of-a-kind show memorabilia autographed by Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Wayne Brady, Carol Channing, Jessica Chastain, Kristin Chenoweth, Common, Daniel Craig, Gavin Creel, Andre De Shields, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Sutton Foster, Andrew Garfield, Steve Martin, J. Harrison Ghee, Joel Grey, Katharine Hepburn, Michael R. Jackson, James Earl Jones, Nathan Lane, Patti LuPone, Pedro Pascal, Bernadette Peters, Audra McDonald, Debra Messing, Bette Midler, Alex Newell, Eva Noblezada, Ben Platt, Billy Porter, Hal Prince, Andrew Rannells, Lea Salonga, Stephen Sondheim, Phillipa Soo, Bruce Springsteen, Elaine Stritch, Lily Tomlin, Aaron Tveit, Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, and many more
Theatre lovers around the world are also able to digitally join in the Flea Market fun with the return of the online #FleaBay auctions on eBay.
Last year’s event raised a record-breaking $1,043,825. Since 1987, the 36 editions of the event have raised more than $17.5 million. Every dollar donated will help ensure a safety net of services for those in the performing arts and help provide access to lifesaving medications, counseling, healthy meals, housing, and more to those across the country living with HIV/AIDS and other critical illnesses.
Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, the philanthropic heart of Broadway, is one of the nation’s leading industry-based, nonprofit AIDS fundraising and grant-making organizations. By drawing upon the talents, resources , and generosity of the American theatre community, since 1988 Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS has raised more than $300 million for essential services for people with HIV/AIDS, COVID-19, and other critical illnesses across the United States.
Check out Playbill's first-timer's guide to Broadway Flea for tips, this year's map, and more.