Under The Radar Front of House
The Public Theater
New York, NY
The Public Theater is seeking friendly, professional, and motivated Front-of-House staff (ushers, ticket takers, and directional staff) with excellent customer service skills for the 2023 UNDER THE RADAR Festival. This is a part-time, seasonal position (from Wednesday, January 4 through Sunday, January 22).
The Public’s Front-of-House staff is expected to offer the highest level of customer service to patrons, donors, visiting artists, artist management, and all other members of the public or administration they may encounter. Front-of-House staff is responsible for greeting and escorting patrons to their seats in an efficient and professional manner. Staff must also be knowledgeable about The Public and its policies and programs, and able to answer questions to ensure that rules and regulations are being adhered to.
Front-of-House staff is expected to carry out any job function management deems appropriate and within the scope of caring and maintaining for the theater and audience experience. This includes, but is not limited to pre-show prep, post-show breakdown, and patron and staff safety/emergency response.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, customer-facing environment
• Comply with The Public’s health and safety guidelines and protocols
• Excellent communication skills
• Deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring diplomacy, kindness, tact, friendliness, and firmness
• Establish and maintain effective work relationships
• Ability to climb steps repeatedly and stand for long periods of time
• Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance, adhering to The Public Theater’s standards
Jan 4, 2023 -
Jan 22, 2023
$16.00 – $18.00