Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Mills Entertainment is looking for an experienced Touring Audio Engineer to join the crew of our next tour of Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Live!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Participate in pre-production, weekly Production meetings, tour check-ins and advance calls, as needed
· Direct and supervise local audio crew during load-in and load-out
· Call the truck pack in the truck, with the Master Carpenter and Technical Director on deck
· Work with local A1 to ensure house system is properly tuned prior to sound check
· Perform sound check with actors prior to each performance
· Execute live mix of all mics and show tracks throughout performances
· General maintenance of tour audio equipment, including Shure wireless transmitters and receivers, Countryman B6 elements, and Yamaha QL1 console
· Maintain audio show files as needed
· Lend assistance to other departments when available
· Share in driving responsibilities of Sprinter vans with other members of the touring company. (Crew members are not required to drive the tractor trailer)
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· Prior touring experience and proficiency as a FOH audio engineer
· Must have experience mixing on a Yamaha QL1, setting up MIDI, and using Dante
· Proficient with Shure wireless microphone systems, coordinating RF and comprehensive experience with QLab 3 or 4
· Prior experience working with and supervising a local crew under IATSE union regulations.
· Must be self-motivated and have strong leadership skill with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Able to manage multiple projects at once and solve problems as and when they may arise.
· Experience working in a dynamic, high-energy environment with a demanding workload.
· Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
· Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
· Must pass a background check
· Higher consideration will be given to candidates with related touring experience of 2 years or more and a background in musical theatre.
Additional Information: Position runs January 2022 through May 2022. This is a touring position that will require driving. Weekly rate is $1000.00. Travel, accommodations, and per-diem are provided.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org – Referencing Req. # DANTA11121 in subject line.
No phone calls or office visits, please.
Mills Entertainment is committed to creating an atmosphere that observes engages and promotes diversity and inclusion in all areas. We strongly encourage applicants of all ethnicities, races, gender identities, ages, and body types, and abilities to submit for this project. We are actively seeking a team which is inclusive and strive to promote a process and production that expresses the multidimensional society in which we live.
The work we do is exciting, challenging, and enjoyable. We are seeking applicants with a passion for live entertainment and a desire to join the industry’s leading team.
January 3, 2022 - May 23, 2022
1000 per week