New York, NY
Playwrights Horizons is a writer's theater dedicated to the support and development of contemporary American playwrights, composers and lyricists, and to the production of their new work. Playwrights Downtown is a facility that houses Playwrights Horizons Theater School and Playwrights Rehearsal Studios.
Production Manager, Playwrights Horizons Theater School
We are seeking highly responsible individuals to help supervise students as they produce original work as part of our fall season. Ideal candidates should have a range of competencies in technical theater production, be safety minded, and be quick problem solvers. They should have leadership skills and be able to foster a safe and supportive learning environment. This is a part-time, non-exempt position.
We are specifically seeking coverage for shifts on weekday evenings 6pm-10:30pm and Saturdays and Sundays 10am-10pm between October 31 and November 20. Supervisors can accept shifts totaling up to 39 hours per week, depending on availability.
● Supervise student use of theatrical production equipment
● Supervise safe use of ladders and power tools
● Direct students to production equipment and supplies at the school building
● Guide students through troubleshooting technical issues
● Teach basic production skills as needed
● Supervise student clean-up at end of night, ensuring all spaces are ready for classroom use the next day
● Partner with Production Manager on tracking student needs
● Support students in developing problem-solving skills
● Other duties as assigned
● Ability to hang, focus, and troubleshoot theatrical lighting equipment
● Proficiency with ETC lighting consoles, including setup, cue programming, and patching
● Proficiency with basic theatrical sound systems
● Basic carpentry skills preferred
● Interest in teaching a plus
● Ability to work independently
● Ability to interact with diverse populations, including undergraduate aged students
● Ability to lift 50 lbs.
● Ability to climb a ladder
● Criminal Background Check required
$25 per hour
Playwrights Horizons is committed to building a more just future for everyone -- particularly those from historically oppressed communities, by employing a broad spectrum of voices that will enrich the quality and vitality of our work. Playwrights Horizons is an equal opportunity employer that has a strong institutional commitment to uprooting all systems of oppression by demonstrative equitable and inclusive practices.
The organization is interested in receiving applications from people of all races, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, classes, religions, and people with disabilities.
The facilities at Playwrights Horizons are ADA compliant.
Email resume, cover letter, and references as a pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org with Technical Supervisor in the subject line. No phone calls please. Full vaccination required for hire.