Playwrights Horizons is a writer's theater dedicated to the support and development of
contemporary American playwrights, composers and lyricists, and to the production of their new
work. Playwrights Downtown is a facility that houses Playwrights Horizons Theater School and
Playwrights Rehearsal Studios.
We are seeking highly organized and responsible individuals to help oversee student and renter
check-ins. Ideal candidates should be quick problem solvers and enjoy providing structure in a
creative environment. This is a part-time position.
● Serve as a point of contact for students and renters while on site
● Sign students and renters into the building
● Confirm proof of vaccination for all clients entering into the building
● Work with undergraduate students and ensure that evening rehearsals follow COVID
● Respond to emails and phone calls from clients requesting space rentals
● Work with Playwrights Downtown Administrative Director and Client Services Manager
in performing some administrative tasks necessary to the running of our studios
● Coordinate with the Facilities Manager on any building needs that may arise
● Excellent customer service and communication skills
● Ability to lift 50 lbs.
● Ability to work with a wide variety of clients from many different backgrounds
● Superior attention to detail
● Composure and professionalism in a fast-paced work environment
● Comfortable conducting business over the phone as needed
● Basic computer skills are a must, and training on our scheduling software,
Ungerboeck, will be provided
$20 per hour.
Playwrights Horizons is committed to building a more just future for everyone -- particularly
those from historically oppressed communities, by employing a broad spectrum of voices that
will enrich the quality and vitality of our work. Playwrights Horizons is an equal opportunity
employer that has a strong institutional commitment to uprooting all systems of oppression by
demonstrative equitable and inclusive practices.
The organization is interested in receiving applications from people of all races, sexual
orientations, gender identities, ages, classes, religions, and people with disabilities.
The facilities at Playwrights Horizons are fully accessible and ADA compliant.
Please email resume, cover letter, and references as a pdf to click apply with Studio
Associate in the subject line. No phone calls please. Vaccination (and booster if eligible)
required for hire.
Oct 24, 2022 -