New York, NY
The McKittrick Hotel, home of Sleep No More, Gallow Green, Manderley Bar, and The Club Car is seeking a Stage Manager for two shows in rep - a currently running magic show as well as a new immersive late night specialty revue show being created. The Stage Manager is responsible for the overall set up, run, and break down of the show as well as the safety of performers and audience members. A successful Stage Manager will be a team player, detail oriented, be able to think quickly, remain calm in stressful situations, and possess a strong work ethic. The Stage Manager must work with various departments and different types of performers to ensure a proper and safe upkeep of both shows.
Must be available for day rehearsals beginning as soon as 8/11/22. The performance schedule will be Wednesday-Saturday evenings, including late-night performances on Fridays and Saturdays.
We are seeking someone who is a true self-starter, a multi-tasker, and someone able to prioritize responsibilities. Candidates will demonstrate attention to detail, creative problem-solving skills, possess and exhibit empathy, exude a good sense of humor, and a track record of on-their-feet problem solving. Candidates must be proactive and possess clear communication skills and the ability to be a team player. Experience in immersive theatre and/or late night specialty performance is a major plus.
The McKittrick Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. The McKittrick Hotel does not tolerate harassment and discrimination and will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Emursive Rep Stage Manager” No phone calls or unsolicited emails, please. We do not work with recruiters or placement agencies. All interested applicants should apply directly.
- Check specific spaces and structures for cleanliness and safety
- Perform preset responsibilities and handle props
- Check in performers 1 hour before performance
- Steward audience members patiently and efficiently
- Maintain show related paperwork including daily calls, run sheets, and prop/cast tracking docs
- Call show cues and correspond with staff over radio
- Keep a running list of notes for nightly rehearsal and performance reports
- Be able to respond to performer and staff injuries and first aid needs
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in related field preferred
- 3+ years of theatrical experience
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain paperwork
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs unassisted
*Can complete responsibilities and duties under the following conditions, when working in show conditions*
- Strobing lights
- Continuous, large quantities of haze
- Minimal to no lighting
- Loud music and effects
Aug 11, 2022
$30 - $35/hr
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.