Florida Studio Theatre
Sarasota, FL 34236
This full-time, intensive training program provides learning opportunities and experience to those who are serious about careers as theatre professionals. FST’s Interns, Apprentices, and Fellows work alongside trained theatre professionals in all aspects of theatre operations – from front of house to behind the scenes and from the administrative offices to center stage.
FST has a staff of over 50 full-time employees and over 200 guest artists each year. We pride ourselves on building professionals through this training program, and have a track record of placing past interns and apprentices into full-time positions. On average, 25% of our full time staff are prior FST Interns. FST Interns have gone on to work in professional theatre all over the country, from Stage Managers on Broadway to performing on cruise lines and in national tours, to working in administration at other LORT theatres.
Through this program, all Interns and Apprentices will gain a well-rounded theatre experience with opportunities in Acting, Directing, Playwriting, Theatre Administraion, Production, and more. In addition to their primary duties, Interns and Apprentices support other departments by assisting with tasks such as running crew, working in the Box Office, working front of house, and assisting in the scene shop.
Compensation Package Includes:
• Free, furnished shared housing, including utilities, cable, and internet.
• $120 weekly stipend.
• 25% discount at FST's Green Room Café & Bar.
• Two comp. tickets to each FST production.
• Professional development, networking opportunities, and free admission to FST classes & workshops.
To Be Eligible For Consideration, Applicants Must:
• Be at least 21 years old (at least 18 years old for Summer Interns).
• Have appropriate academic and/or professional experience.
• Be able to relocate to Sarasota for the length of the program.
June 14, 2021 -