Sales Associate The Drama Book Shop
The Drama Book Shop
New York, NY 10018
The Drama Book Shop
Apply via our Portal: https://dramabookshop2.workbrightats.com/jobs/
Founded in 1917 by the Drama League, the Drama Book Shop became an independent store in 1923. In 2011 the Drama Book Shop received a Tony Honor for Excellence in the Theatre. Secure in its reputation as the city's best source for theatrical works ' it keeps 8,000 plays in stock ' the shop has begun to nurture and sponsor them, as well. When a troupe with a musical that originated at Wesleyan University needed urban rehearsal space in 2002, it received carte blanche to convene downstairs in the store's 50-seat Arthur Seelen Theater, named for the owner's late husband. "In the Heights" went on to win several Tony Awards in 2008. The Drama Book Shop is set to reopen in a new location in the Summer of 2021.
Reporting to the Managers, The Drama Book Shop seeks friendly, enthusiastic, reliable individuals to work as Book Shop Sales Associates. The Sales Associates must always serve as ambassadors for The Drama Book Shop.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Greet patrons and processing all book and merchandise transactions.
- Adhere to proper cash handling procedures.
- Contribute to the overall sales goals with up-selling skills.
- Maintain ongoing working knowledge of products, prices, and promotions.
- Manage customer lines while maintaining enthusiasm.
- Receive, processing and replenish merchandise inventory.
Required Knowledge / Qualifications:
- Retail experience is desired.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Theater and entertainment experience/interest is desired but not necessary.
- The ideal candidate is a quick learner, very outgoing, people-oriented, has excellent communication skills and sales and or marketing experience.
- Candidates must be able to engage with customers, team members, and leaders positively.
- Be an organized team player with a positive attitude and collaborative mindset.
- Must be able to lift and move items up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Must be comfortable being on your feet for extended periods.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
DBS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
May 10, 2021 -