Naples, FL 34102
Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit, professional theatre company located in Naples, FL is seeking a creative, flexible, and detail-oriented individual to serve as Properties Master. Gulfshore Playhouse offers a diverse season of straight plays and small musicals ranging from venerated classics and Broadway hits to contemporary works and world premieres. The Playhouse is passionately committed to producing high-quality, professional theatre which exceeds the expectations of the cultured residents and visitors of Naples, FL, many of whom are regular theatre patrons in New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200 seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. The Playhouse is currently in the middle of a $55M capital campaign to build in a state-of-the-art theatre and education center, featuring two theatres and plenty of education space. The project is currently in the construction document phase.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
-Oversee all prop needs for each production as envisioned by scenic designers, directors, and Producing Artistic Director.
· -Coordinate all purchases, rentals, and borrows necessary for the realization of the production.
· -Maintain excellent communication with stage management, production staff, and artistic team throughout the production process.
· -Check daily stage manager rehearsal and performance reports for notes concerning props, furniture or set dressing pieces that need to be procured, repaired or replaced.
· -Supervise/train staff and interns with varying levels of experience through the prop creation process.
· -Ensure safety protocols are followed at all times.
· -Operate within each budgetary constraints for each production and maintain an accurate account of all related expenses.
· -Coordinate with other production departments regarding any overlapping prop needs.
· -Maintain prop stock and storage organization.
· -Attend all necessary meetings including, but not limited to, production meetings and company meetings.
· -Assist the Technical Director and Assistant Technical Director in construction, load-in, and strike of scenic elements.
· -Provide support for special events.
· -Any other duties as assigned by the Production Manager, Managing Director, or Producing Artistic Director.
The ideal candidate is a strong, team-spirited self-starter who is excited to join a tireless, rapidly-growing, and attitude-forward regional theatre. Candidates should be friendly, excellent with patrons, staff, and visiting actors alike, and possess excellent communication and organizational skills. The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. Employee will be expected to work extended hours on occasion when necessary to meet goals. Some weekend and evening hours are required including attendance at performances, special events, and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
· -Two to three years experience in the field
· -Strong props background, including managerial, carpentry, paint, and upholstery experience.
Gulfshore Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse staff; we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please send a portfolio or examples of work, resume, cover letter, and references to Emily Malmborg, Production Manager, at the email provided to apply.