Jacob Burns Film Center
PLEASANTVILLE, NY 10570
PT and FT Projectionist
The Jacob Burns Film Center is a nonprofit cultural and educational institution located in Pleasantville NY whose mission is dedicated to presenting the best of independent, documentary, and world cinema, promoting visual literacy, and making film a vibrant part of the community. The JBFC is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse team and is working to further the goals of diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism at all levels. We are seeking a PT and a FT Projectionist to support our Film Center.
Both the PT and FT Projectionist will work under the supervision of our Director of Theater Operations in support of the activities of the Film Center and its educational programs. An ideal candidate should have solid foundational skills in projection and/or media equipment, and a willingness to learn new skills. Both the Film Center and Media Arts Lab utilize a wide range of technologies, including but not limited to 35mm film, 16mm film, DCP digital projection, and various varieties of digital media, numerous software packages, and data management systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Running films in many formats: 35mm, 16mm, various digital formats
· Inspecting prints/media, and reporting their condition appropriately
· Meticulous care and maintenance of projection equipment and booth workspace.
· Working closely with other projectionists and staff to ensure professional presentation and quality work environment
· Collaborating with the Booth Manager to implement and maintain systems for organized workflow, optimizing productivity and efficiency, and extend this cooperative understanding to fellow projectionists
· Collaborating with the Booth Manager to plan and implement new Booth procedures and policies to improve and maintain high standards for presentation quality
· Working closely with the Director of Theater Operations and Booth Manager to coordinate and execute all daily operation
· A passion for high quality film presentation and creating a positive movie going experience for both general screenings and school groups
· The ability to quickly understand and absorb a wide variety of technologies
· Strong working knowledge of 35mm as well as DCP projection and other digital cinema media
· Outstanding attention to detail
· Working knowledge of Macintosh and Windows operating systems and programs
· The ability to work both collaboratively and independently
Both the PT and FT positions are flexible and shifts include night, weekend, and holiday hours. Flexibility is a must! Please note that the JBFC requires its staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before starting work. If you have a valid reason for not being vaccinated (medical contraindication, pregnancy, or religious beliefs), please contact HR about a possible accommodation.
Start date: TBD
Salary range: FT = $40,000-$45,000 annually
PT = $20-$22 per hour
The JBFC offers an excellent benefit package, including:
● Unlimited PTO after two years of service (23 days of annual PTO for first 2 years)
● Generous sick leave
● Fully covered Paid Family Leave (PFL) for all FT staff
● Summer Fridays
● 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, including a generous HRA to cover deductibles, as well as a Flexible Spending Account
● 403(b) plan (non-matching)
● Potential for flex work schedule (in office vs. remote)
● Annual Professional Development fund
● One paid Volunteer Day per 12 month period
● Office located across the street from Metro North station (Harlem Line)
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “PT Projectionist 21” or “FT Projectionist 21” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
The Jacob Burns Film Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring and employment on the basis of race, creed, sex, gender, religion, age, color, disability, marital status, national origin or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic predisposition and/or carrier status, veteran status, or any other classification as protected by law. Please inform the JBFC if you need any assistance with the instructions provided to participate in our application process. Questions and concerns may be directed to email@example.com
Learn more about the organization at www.burnsfilmcenter.org