HUDSON Scenic Studio, Inc.
Yonkers, NY 10705
HUDSON Scenic Studio is a leading provider of custom scenic fabrication, automation, and painted scenery, servicing the live entertainment industry. To learn more about the company, please visit our website www.hudsonscenic.com. Location: Yonkers, NY
The Project Manager represents HUDSON to clients and vendors, and is responsible for selling, bidding, and managing projects through delivery and installation. The Project Manager works closely with designers and technical supervisors to achieve clients’ vision within their budget and schedule, while monitoring project revenue and margin for the company.
· Develop and maintain new & existing client relationships with general managers, scenic designers, technical supervisors, etc., especially in the Broadway and theatrical markets.
· Prepare competitive estimates for projects based on bid conferences & RFPs including:
o Assessing and accounting for variable costs.
o Consulting with HUDSON’s executive team to review strategy and pricing.
o Consulting with Engineering and Production as needed on creative and technical solutions, labor, materials allocation, etc.
· Submit estimates to clients and negotiate price, schedules, payment terms, and general contract conditions in conjunction with Finance department.
· Serve as primary client contact during construction and throughout the life of the project.
· Prepare job orders for awarded bids. Review and approve purchase orders.
· Organize and run project meetings to establish scope of work, milestones, and delivery dates. Establish and facilitate clear communication between team members throughout project.
· Provide leadership and oversight of drafting, engineering, scenic art and construction process to ensure work conforms to client design requirements and contract specifications.
· Collaborate with Production Managers to review and monitor schedule to keep project on track technically, financially, and artistically.
· Prepare estimates for changes as needed to submit to clients for approval.
· BFA or MFA in Technical Production or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction- related field preferred.
· At least 5 years of solid industry experience in technical theatre and custom fabrication.
· Extensive knowledge of and experience with Broadway and touring productions a plus.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and AutoCAD.
· Strong writing and financial skills; ability to perform costing/estimating projections.
· Excellent negotiating skills and ability to understand contract terms and schedules.
· Ability to make critical trade-offs when prioritizing short-term and long-term objectives.
· Outstanding relationship skills. Team oriented with highly collaborative work style.
We offer a competitive salary contingent on experience and excellent benefit package. HUDSON Scenic Studio is an equal opportunity employer.
HUDSON is excited for the return of Broadway this fall and is actively hiring for this position. Please apply by sending cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Deadline for applications is July 16th.