New York, NY 10014
Little Island seeks a Programming Coordinator to join the team. The ideal Programming Coordinator will have a strong administrative background and be an adaptable problem solver who demonstrates a commitment to communication and collaboration. This role is full-time, year-round and reports directly to the Producer.
· Provide direct administrative support for the Programming Department including:
o Building, tracking, and managing Little Island’s calendar, liaising with other departments as needed
o Tracking expenses for Programming Department and individual projects as necessary
o Working closely with the Producer and Producing team to issue and track contracts and financial documents for any artists
o Coordinating meetings, special projects, and other ancillary events for Programming Department as needed
o Creating and maintaining presentations and administrative systems for the department
o Maintaining all data entry, contact lists, and archives for the Programming Department
o Acting as a key department stakeholder in organizational wide systems
o Collaborating with the Producing team to ensure that all artist needs are met
o Supporting the tracking and approval of departmental payroll
· Managing and executing all logistics around Little Island’s artistic submissions process, Perform in the Park
· Opportunity to produce small-scale events and programming as interest and need arises
· Other duties, as assigned
What You Bring:
· 1-3 years experience in performing arts administration
· The ability to actively anticipate areas to support the department’s programs and processes
· Effective communication and collaboration skills
· A dedication to the details and a passion for hospitality
· Experience or an interest in working with artists of all disciplines
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
· Experience working in Artifax is a plus
· Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
What to Expect
· Little Island has 3 distinct outdoor spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic programs throughout the season including a 700-seat amphitheater.
· Park employees may be asked to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
· Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island working in outdoor weather conditions, navigating the entire park and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
· Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings and events.
· Little Island is a park open for all New Yorkers in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. All park employees are expected to actively participate in our communal commitment to employee safety and health and all related employee policies, which are reinforced with our current employees often and will be shared throughout the interview process.
· In accordance with Little Island's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we have adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our visitors; and the community at large during the pandemic. This policy is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities and should be interpreted in alignment with applicable law. All Little Island employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as determined by the CDC, by November 15, 2021, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Potential employees will be given the opportunity to provide proof of vaccination or request a reasonable accommodation at the onset of employment.
· Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
· 10 days vacation, 7 sick, 3 personal days
· Medical, dental & vision care
· Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
· Commuter benefits
· Flexible spending accounts
· Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
How to apply
Please visit our website www.littleisland.org/employment to submit your application via Submittable. Please note that you will have to make a Submittable account. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
November 8, 2021 -