New York City Center
New York, NY 10019
Job Title: Programming and Administration Assistant
Job Classification: Non-Exempt & Full-time Reports To: Vice President of Programming Scheduling: Mon-Fri, 10-6pm w/ occasional evening and weekends required for performances and events.
This position primarily works from the administrative office.
Job Overview: The Programming and Administration Assistant will provide administrative support for the Dance and Musical Theater programming, general management, and producing needs of the organization as well as administrative support to the VP of Programming and the VP & COO with all calendar, scheduling, travel and administrative tasks. This Assistant must display excellent standards of discretion and confidentiality while supporting the mission of City Center and our commitment to being an anti-racist organization.
· Research, review, and collect, and organize information on dance companies, artists, and repertoire to support planning and prospects for dance and musical theater season programming.
· Assist with administrative tasks that prepare and support the scope of work done by the VP of Programming and the VP & COO.
· Execute strategic calendar management, answer designated phone lines, and process administrative invoices, expense reports, and expense records for the VPs.
· Maintain musical theater script and show info database.
· Support the organization and collection of bios, headshots, and press release details for productions.
· Support the planning of pre-show meet and greet events prior to each production.
· Proactively anticipate thoughtful correspondence and gifts for each production.
· Coordinate programming information sharing with internal departments.
· Maintain petty cash.
· Support on all tasks related to house seats, travel booking, visas, and production coverage.
· Provide meeting preparation, admin support, coverage, and additional tasks for the Executive Office.
This Role Requires:
· 2+ years of previous experience in an administrative role, executive admin, or theatrical/dance company management
· Knowledge of the professional dance community, through performing or administration
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to learn programs and follow established processes with minimal supervision
· Intuitive understanding of applying discretion and confidentiality while assisting two Vice Presidents
· Availability to provide occasional coverage at night and on the weekend for performances and events
To be successful in this role, you will be expected to demonstrate:
· Interest in dance, musical theater, and performing arts administration
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders that interact with the VPs
· Ability to keep track of multiple projects with a keen sense of accuracy and efficiency
· Ability to work independently, move projects forward, and meet deadlines
As a valued member of the City Center administrative team, you will receive:
· Non-exempt salary of $45,000
· Overtime eligibility for weekly hours above 40+
· Comprehensive insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability)
· Generous paid time off
· Pre-tax flexible & dependent care savings accounts
· Pre-tax transit savings
· Pension Plan with (CIG) Cultural Institutions Group (fully vested after 5 years)
· 401K retirement savings account
· Access to various dress rehearsals, performances, educational events, and professional development opportunities
· Email your resume and cover letter to Jobs@NYCityCenter.org.
· Please include Programming Assistant in the subject line.
· In the cover letter, please include why this position at City Center interests you and how your previous experience enables you to be successful in this role.