Arts Center of Coastal Carolina, a not-for-profit AEA SPT Level 7 theater company located on Hilton Head Island, SC, is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented, and experienced individual to serve as Production Manager.Overseeing all areas of production, while realizing the vision of the Executive Producer/CEO as well as each individual production’s corresponding creative team.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successful production management, a willingness to ensure high-quality work in every aspect of production, in addition to excellent budgetary, communication, organizational, and leadership capabilities. Candidates must have a strong working knowledge of all production departments, a wide understanding of build techniques and stage systems, a positive attitude and creative approach to problem solving. The Arts Center values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. The Director of Production will be expected to work extended hours during tech and on occasion when necessary to meet goals. Some weekend and evening hours are required including attendance at Opening Nights, special events, and/or meetings that may be scheduled beyond the scope of normal hours. Also, this position is involved with the development department in conducting tours of the production areas and as a representative for the Arts Center in the community.Qualifications:The ideal candidate would possess:
- Facilitating communication within and between production departments, administration, artistic staff, and guest artists.
- Hiring & Contracting all Design Guest and Resident Artists for theatrical productions.
- Ensuring safety and policy adherence.
- Maintaining production schedule including the scheduling of production meetings, work calls, shop hours, staff, interns, overhire, and volunteers.
- Coordinating, or assist with coordinating, all rentals for production departments.
- Managing/Supervising all load-ins and load-outs.
- Supervising and assisting with hiring seasonal staff members.
- Managing and maintaining production budgets, deadlines, and schedules for all production departments.
- Ensuring compliance with theater policies by coordinating schedules, maintaining good working relationships, and keeping all rented facilities and equipment in good working condition.
- Overseeing the production elements of our Presenting Artists Series, the Outreach Festivals and the Rental client performances.
- Three to five years’ experience in production management or technical theater
- Experience working in a not-for-profit organization
- Strong management, interpersonal and planning skills
- Familiarity with Theater and/or Performing Arts required
Please send cover and resume to Richard Feldman, Vice President & General Manager
Jul 11, 2022 -