Atlantic Theater Company
New York, NY 10011
ATLANTIC THEATER COMPANY, an award-winning, not-for-profit, off-Broadway theater, seeks a Production Manager. The Production Manager reports directly to the General Manager, Managing Director and Artistic Director to directly oversee four mainstage productions and the annual Gala. Additionally, the PM also supports a reading series, maintenance of the Atlantic Main Stage in collaboration with the Operations Manager, and in collaboration with the Stage 2 Production Manager for Atlantic For Kids productions.
The Production Manager works closely with the General Manager to build a season production budget and to work within it, keeping in close contact with the General Manager regarding any budget issues that arise.
Working in conjunction with the Artistic staff, School, General Management and Operations Manager the Production Manager plays an active role in the planning and creation of the season production calendar. This includes all production related events and coordinating the use of the Main Stage space for any internal or external rentals.
● Work with design and artistic team to create the production within the time and budgets available.
● Oversee all bidding for scenery, props, lighting, sound and video elements, suggesting changes or adjustments when needed to maintain the show budget.
● Weigh the benefits and ability to complete projects in house to best achieve the design vision.
● Hire and manage all over hire production staff for the load in through run and load out of each production.
● Work with General Manager to create and maintain the annual production budget, including all theater productions and overhead budgets
● Provide a weekly expense reconciliation to the Finance office including all Company credit card charges and invoice payments
● Reconcile all production related expenses with the Finance office on a monthly basis
● Reconcile all production payroll on a weekly basis
● Provide regular budget updates to the General Manager
● Administer all production petty cash and credit card purchases including Designer Petty Cash and reimbursable design expenses
● Manage annual theatrical equipment maintenance schedule
● Maintain the production facilities at the showcase level the Atlantic demands
● Hold a basic working knowledge of facilities related skills and the ability to triage issues such as: Electrical, HVAC operation, Plumbing, Roofing, Cleaning & Maintenance supervision, Storage, Printers/IT/Phones, Lighting network, Fire Alarm and required City inspections (PA, Elevator, Sprinkler)
● Attend Staff Meetings and Department Meetings
● Strategic team planning
● Collaborate with Administrative and Artistic staff on identifying and executing short and long term Capital projects
● Attend all season schedule and planning meetings
● Create a short & long term theatrical equipment acquisition plan
● Manage offsite storage of equipment and supplies
● Work with the Stage 2 PM through the year to support them and the facility and also, as needed on any Atlantic Stage 2 Productions
● Provide technical support for the annual Gala Event held off site
● Administer key access for Main Stage and coordinate electronic access with operations manager
5 years of professional experience. Working knowledge of NYC area lighting, properties, scenery and sound shops. Off-Broadway theater experience a plus. Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Google Suites is a must. Working knowledge of AutoCAD /Vectorworks are a plus. Strong communication, decision making and organizational skills are a must.
Atlantic Theater Company is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who identify as BIPOC, queer, trans, non-binary, candidates with disabilities, or candidates who are parents or immigrants are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time position with salary range of $66,000-$80,000 (commensurate with experience) and benefits. Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate Production Manager in the subject. No phone calls, please. For more information about Atlantic Theater Company, please visit: www.atlantictheater.org.