Chicago, IL 60660
Raven Theatre’s mission is to tell stories of today and the past that connect us to our cultural landscape. We do this by producing nationally recognized theatrical work, collaborating with top notch artists, and offering a first-class education program. Raven’s commitment to modern drama and its educational programming have helped it remain a cultural cornerstone on the north side of Chicago for 38 years and counting.
Raven Theatre operates out of its fully owned 10,000 square foot building which includes its 85 seat East Stage and its 57 seat Schwartz Stage as well as its administrative offices.
Reporting to the Artistic Director, the Production Manager is responsible for the production of all Raven Theatre programming and for the oversight of the programming of companies renting space in the theater building.
The Production Manager should possess the following qualifications.
• At least 2 years of experience as a production manager, or 4 years in technical theater or stage management
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people
• Good communicator
• Good organizational development and management skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to interpret plan drawings and technical paperwork across theatrical design fields
• Competent with Microsoft Office Suite, with strong Excel skills
• Comfortable working on ladders
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive box trucks
The Production Manager is a full-time, exempt position. Salary is $36,000 annually plus participation in the theater’s healthcare plan.
July 1, 2021
Currently, due to the pandemic, unvaccinated employees are working remotely in most circumstances. Fully vaccinated employees will be expected to work in the building with other vaccinated colleagues.
Raven Theatre is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse, equitable, and antiracist environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification protected by law.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and two references. Applications will be accepted and considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
July 1, 2021 -