Action Horizons is the global leader in the creation, operation, and sustainment of live action stunt shows. We are looking for an experienced leader to head the Operations Team at our newest show in Orlando. As the Operations Manager, you are the leader of the Operations Team and ultimately responsible for the oversight of daily operations. You will oversee all administrative functions such as payroll, workers compensation claims, scheduling, budgeting, and operations staff approvals. You will regularly collaborate with the Creative Manager, hosting weekly staff meetings, managing rehearsal logistics, and driving objectives. Additionally, you will work with senior leadership to continually develop your direct reports through coaching, feedback, encouragement.
With stages all around the world, there are many times that senior leadership will be unavailable. Our ideal candidate will be able to work independently, have a positive attitude, be solution driven, and enjoy creating an environment that fosters creative solutions. Our leaders must be resourceful, have attention to detail, offer solutions and clarity where there is ambiguity.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Minimum three years of leadership experience
- Experience in coaching and leadership development
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to quickly learn and master software and systems.
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a theatrical environment.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Core Values –
- Always uphold the Action Horizons’ Ethics Code and represent the company in a positive light.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external partners.
- Lead by example. Always.
- Kindness Matters
- Responsible for the day-to-day office administrative work including Operations staff schedules, and time keeping.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of venues budget with oversight and approval from the Operations Director. Forecast requirements; prepare annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Manage Team Member levels, wages, hours.
- Responsible for the Operations Management Team, with review/approval
- Enforce policies/procedures and facilitate corrective action as needed. Include local leadership team and discuss decisions made with senior leadership.
- Champion all leader’s professional growth and development through actionable feedback, and regular coaching
- Equitably delegate tasks to team
- Influence your team to use best practices and adhere to company policies.
- Ensure AH staff wear appropriate attire/wardrobe in adherence of company policy.
- Foster a positive, productive, and safe environment
- Actively participate in your personal leadership development through exercises, classes, and mentorship
- Oversight of the Action Lead Team – including leadership development and coaching.
Collaboration – The following items require collaboration with the Creative Manager and team
- Onboarding for new Team Members including orientation and operational training.
- Facilitate new performer integration into the venues/park.
- Audition and rehearsal process.
- Scheduling and running of Bi-Annual Performance Conditioning Assessment
- Host weekly meetings with all local management.
- Facilitate needs for special events.
Facility and Documentation –
- Ensure the venues follows local, state, and federal guidelines (ADA, signage, etc.)
- Ensure all Team Members regular training is compliant and scheduled as needed (CPR, First aid, Water Safety)
- Responsible for the operation of your venues.
- Responsible for Venues safety and sustainment of shows.
- Ensure all shows have adequate equipment and supplies to function properly.
- Utilize “Teams” platform to maintain documentation and communication amongst leadership.
- Maintain clean, safe, and organized venues.
- Oversight of Standard Operating Procedure in partnership with senior leadership.
- Work closely with senior leadership and your local team to implement policies, procedures, and systems.
- Actively participate in Show Communications meetings
- Be present at Fight Call and Mic Check
- Oversight of attendance and overall backstage presence.
- Attend weekly Operations Manager meeting with the Operations Director.
- Host a weekly meeting with the local Operations management team.
Be flexible and accommodating. As business needs change, the scope of your role may vary or broaden.