Olney Theatre Center
Olney, MD 20832
CASTING NOTICE Olney Theatre Center for the Arts NATIONAL PLAYERS touring ensemble is seeking a new member to immediately join our 72nd national tour. This individual will play key onstage and backstage roles, as well as teach. Onstage roles will include KARL LINDNER in Raisin in the Sun and BOTTOM in A Midsummer Night's Dream. Please submit two contrasting monologues (one classical and one contemporary) and a video on why you want to be a National Player, along with your headshot and resume to Sultana Qureshi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**This is an immediate casting notice. Submissions are being accepted on a rolling basis, and priority will be given to persons who can join our existing ensemble ASAP.**
WHO ARE WE?
National Players is a touring ensemble of nine Actors and one Stage Manager presenting classic stories in fresh ways for contemporary audiences. The company performs a repertory of shows and educates audiences around America. The contract for Tour 72 (A RAISIN IN THE SUN and A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM) typically runs for 11 months, starting as soon as possible to early-June 2022. All Players must be available for the entire contract period. In classic American touring fashion, company members perform in both plays and operate all onstage, backstage, and offstage elements; the desire to hone one's craft on- and off-stage is an essential component for all Players.
WHAT DO PLAYERS DO?
- Work in a troupe of nine actors and a stage manager on a two-show repertory
- Handle one or more areas of technical/off-stage responsibilities for the tour
- Educate and engage communities of all ages
- Load-in and strike shows at 60-80 venues
- Assist in driving and arranging accommodations while on tour
- Represent Olney Theatre Center for the Arts to a national audience
WHAT DO PLAYERS GET?
- $300 weekly stipend paid via direct deposit
- On-site shared accommodations at Olney Theatre Center during rehearsal and local touring
- Shared hotel accommodations while on the road
- Touring the greater United States (mostly east of the Rocky Mountains)
- Honing your craft through nine months of rehearsals and performances
- Educating future audiences and artists of America
- An alumni network not only rooted in Washington, DC, but also sprawling from coast to coast