Membership Benefits Associate
New York, NY 10036
About Second Stage Theater
At Second Stage, we create and champion plays and musicals solely from living American writers. On our mainstage Broadway theater, the Hayes, and in our two Off Broadway theaters over the past 40 years, we have developed and presented over 200 daring and provocative theatrical experiences by working with countless artists who have contributed their talents to our award-winning productions. As the only Broadway company exclusively devoted to living American writers Second Stage is dedicated to introducing the world to bold and diverse voices of American creativity.
The Membership Benefits Associate is a key member of the development team. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Individual Giving, the Membership Benefits Associate is the primary and initial contact for customer service-related calls from our VIPs, Trustees and major donors fielding questions and addressing ticketing issues.
This role supports the growth of membership programs and works in close collaboration with other departments to provide a seamless customer experience during season announcements, on-sale dates and at other times throughout the season.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and administer the Member Benefits program, including:
- processing all VIP Ticketing and individual sponsorship requests
- processing all Corporate and Foundation tickets requests
- managing Development VIP seating holds according to policy
- Prepare all donor recognition and individual Performance Sponsor listings for all season programs, lobby screens, and website
- Generate fundraising reports and lists/extractions/output sets from Tessitura; including but not limited to: Daily Gift Reports, Program Lists, miscellaneous event guest lists, and various preparatory mailing lists
- Support donor stewardship and relations
- Assist with the day to day needs of the Development Department and the Director of Development
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Adept at correspondence, on the telephone, in written communication and other required materials in support of membership activities.
- Strong organizational skills
- Customer service mindset
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills
- Familiarity with Tessitura or other ticketing software
Compensation: Base salary starting at $40,000 annually
Benefits: Second Stage offers a full benefits package including vacation, medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance and long-term disability coverage upon eligibility.
Second Stage values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Second Stage is dedicated to building an equitable environment that is mixed across lines of difference and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information about Second Stage, visit www.2st.com.