The 24 Hour Plays® bring together creative communities to produce plays and musicals that are written, rehearsed and performed in 24 hours. Flagship events include The 24 Hour Plays on Broadway and The 24 Hour Musicals in New York City, as well as productions in London, Los Angeles, Dublin, Minneapolis, Finland, Mexico City and more. Since March 2020, The 24 Hour Plays: Viral Monologues have generated over 500 new free-to-view theater pieces that have been viewed millions of times. Each summer, The 24 Hour Plays: Nationals bring together theatermakers 25 and under for a free professional intensive that culminates in their own production of The 24 Hour Plays. Partners have produced The 24 Hour Plays in professional theaters, high schools and colleges, wherever you can find a curtain and a stage, touching everyone from celebrities to students.
The 24 Hour Plays celebrates the diversity of the theatrical field and we actively encourage people of all races, ethnicities, creeds, classes, abilities, genders, identities, affiliations, and orientations to apply.
- As a member of our small office, the Marketing and Social Media Associate will work collaboratively with staff to promote all projects.
- Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Perform graphic design functions (including graphic design and video) on a variety of marketing collateral, including email campaigns, online ads, printed brochures and programs.
- Build a strategic social media plan for year-round events, including promoting The 24 Hour Plays: Viral Monologues, free-to-view Instagram theater performances.
- Create and execute a social media content calendar of daily posts.
- Develop and create engaging digital and video content.
- Lead a social media team on select Tuesday nights for posting The 24 Hour Plays: Viral Monologues to Instagram, Facebook, Youtube and Twitter.
- Track social media analytics and set goals and strategies for future growth.
- Create and manage ongoing ad campaigns through Google AdWords and Facebook Ads Manager.
- Manage and update our website with upcoming events using WordPress.
- With Artistic Director, coordinate press releases with external press reps.
- Skills in graphic design, including proficiency in Adobe Suite (Photoshop and Premiere), Canva, WordPress and Mailchimp (or willingness to learn quickly).
- A skilled communicator with superior interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- Some experience in Slack, Airtable, Dropbox, Hootsuite, Google Analytics helpful.
Due to the changing conditions from COVID-19, we are looking for new team members who are flexible, can adapt quickly to change, and have a natural curiosity/desire to learn new skills. This position is based in New York City (Red Hook Brooklyn) but some initial remote work may be necessary to comply with COVID safety guidelines. Please Note: The 24 Hour Plays have instituted a mandatory vaccination program for all employees.
We can offer a flexible work schedule including some opportunities from home to fit the needs of a busy working professional. Several of our employees are working artists outside of their work with The 24 Hour Plays.
This is a part-time position (with the possibility to scale as the company grows) starting at 20 hours/week $16.50/hour. This position is open now with an Oct. 1 start date. We will continue accepting applicants until we find the right person.
Please send resume, cover letter, and link to portfolio or work samples to Deputy Director Coleman Ray Clark at email@example.com with “Marketing Associate” in the subject line.
October 4, 2021 -