LAByrinth Theater Company
New York, NY 10014
LAByrinth Theater Company is seeking a part-time Managing Director to join our ensemble-driven company. We are looking for a detail-oriented, tech-savvy, creative individual who has demonstrated experience and interest in theatre management and producing.
About LAB: LAByrinth Theater Company, founded in 1992 as The Latino Actors Base, was created to deliberately interrupt the racial status quo by giving voice to artists of color and reflecting a world where color is the norm and not the exception. LAByrinth Theater Company is a diverse, impassioned, tightly knit ensemble of multicultural artists that empowers individuals and builds community by creating member driven, incendiary, new works of theater.
The position will report to and work closely with the Artistic Director, Leadership Team, and Board of Directors. Work and responsibilities will encompass all areas of theatre management, including development and fundraising, finance, marketing and communications, company management, and general operations for LAByrinth and its 115 company members.
The role of the Managing Director encompasses, but is not limited to:
· Oversee all administrative aspects of the company, including routine finances, contracts, and day-to-day operations
· Produce programming, including but not limited to: full productions, the company’s annual Barn Series, fundraisers, and special projects
· Maintain and oversee internal and external marketing and communications, including the company’s website and social media
· Create and maintain organizational structures and systems for the company
· Coordinate development efforts for the company, including grant writing, donor cultivation and tracking, and maintaining compliance for public and private grants
· Attend and lead meetings and company events
Qualified applicants will have:
· Demonstrated experience and interest in theatre management and producing
· A flexible schedule and the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
· Strong technology skills (Experience using Zoom, Dropbox, Google Suite, Squarespace, and Vimeo a plus)
· A desire to build and expand LAB’s operations and create organizational infrastructure for the company
· Excellent communication skills and strong proofreading abilities
This part-time, paid position will allow for a flexible schedule with ~20 hours of work per week and the ability to work remotely most of the time. Eventually, this may transition into a full-time position with the right candidate. Preference will be given to applicants in or around the New York City area.
LAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: LAB is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants and to administer all employment decisions regardless of race, color, creed, religion sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital and civil partnership/union status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, alienage or citizenship status, genetic information, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with “MANAGING DIRECTOR” as the subject line. No calls, please.