Human Resources Apprentice
Roundabout Theatre Company
New York, NY 10018
Roundabout Theatre Company, one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatrical institutions, seeks a motivated and willing to learn Human Resources Apprentice.
What You Will Do:
- Process new hires and terminations in ADP Workforce Now and other vendors
- Managing voluntary identification/ EEO information in ADP
- Prepare and review new hire and orientation paperwork
- Perform various HR reporting
- Run background checks on new administrative staff
- HR file maintenance: update I9 database, keep employee files current, and organize files to be sent to storage
- Coordinate with Company Managers to ensure employee paperwork is up to date
- Organize staff committee meetings, attend and participate in these meetings
- Maintain sexual harassment training completion list for both administrative and production staff
- Work on various short and long-term HR projects
- Complete Employment Verification
- Assist with processing unemployment and worker’s compensation claims and assist with management of claims
What You Bring to the HR Department:
- Personable; ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Computer savvy – proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
- Willingness to learn new software as it pertains to job responsibilities, including but not limited to ADP Workforce Now, LinkedIn Learning, and Microsoft Access
- The ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Attention to detail, organization, and time management
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- Opportunity for some overtime at various events
- The ability to work remotely with internet access; laptop would be provided if needed
- Experience providing administrative support and/or exposure to HR related subjects through schoolwork or comparable experience
What to Expect:
- You will report to the Director of Human Resources and Human Resources Associate
- 40-hour work week from Late-September 2021 through June 2022; Overtime is rarely required. If overtime is worked, you will be compensated and given advanced notice.
- $15/hour, plus benefits
- In-person/online work, details to be determined
- Weekly career-building seminars with senior staff, apprentice alumni, and teaching artists
- Inter-department mentorship program
- Networking opportunities with interns/apprentices/fellows across the arts administration industry
- Invitation to serve on Roundabout internal staff committees (EDI Taskforce, Staff Programming Committee, Internal Communications Committee, Green Committee)
- Invitation to participate in Roundabout identity-based affinity groups
- Invitation to participate in personal and companywide volunteer opportunities (includes Roundabout related events: opening nights and annual gala; and non-Roundabout volunteer opportunities to support organizations of your choice)
Please forward a cover letter with salary requirement and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org – and use code HRA-0921 in the subject line. If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process please indicate in your email. No phone calls please.
As part of our application process, we ask that candidates consider completing a survey. This is voluntary and survey information will be anonymous and kept separate from application materials. Click on the link below to access the survey.
Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present and educating minds for the future
Read more about Roundabout’s work, culture, and commitment to the future at https://www.roundabouttheatre.org/about/
As a theatre company and a long-standing member of many communities, Roundabout believes in the importance of words, the impact of action, and the healing capacity of shared stories. Read about Roundabout’s social justice process HERE.
To this end, Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.
APPLY BY EMAILSend e-mail to jobs...
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.