Bucks County Playhouse
New Hope, PA 18938
Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope, PA is in search of a full-time House Manager. The Playhouse has become one of the leading regional theatres on the East Coast and is the largest arts organization in Bucks County. BCP produces a six to nine show season, featuring stars of stage and screen, and twenty-five plus visiting artists presentations. Its 2-acre campus includes the historic playhouse, an outdoor courtyard café, waterfall picnic area, river promenade, and its restaurant/bar, The Deck. Bucks County Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an equitable, diverse and harassment free environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the House Manager is focused on the day-of patron experience. It includes the supervision of all Front of House management; interaction with bar and restaurant; troubleshooting problems and serving as official Manager on Duty until the end of each performance day. The job also includes supervising all theater front of house operations (including the Associate House Managers and Ushers), coordination and training of all volunteers. The House Manager works with the marketing team and Sales Manager to coordinate cross-training, distribution of marketing materials and implementing in-theater marketing experiences that will encourage repeat business and patron loyalty.
· Candidate should be self-motivated with the ability to take initiative, and work independently as well as with others
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent organizational and time management skills
· Experience managing others
· Positive attitude, the ability to remain calm under pressure, and the ability to be flexible and adaptable in an ever-evolving environment
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required; experience with sales databases preferred
· Prior theatre House Management experience preferred
This is a full-time exempt position which requires nights and weekends. Benefits offered. Interested candidates should send a resume as well as a written, audio or visual statement, and references. Include “House Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.