RWS Entertainment Group
New York, NY 11101
RWS Entertainment Group is seeking outgoing, motivated, and enthusiastic Costume Character Performers and Hosts with a strong desire to provide a memorable experience for guests during Hersheypark’s 2021 Summer Season. Both characters and hosts will be creating performance-based (and socially distanced) outdoor meet and greet moments and appearances throughout the day at designated locations throughout the Park.
The following roles/positions are available:
COSTUME CHARACTER PERFORMERS to embody and animate the branded characters listed below. Must be physically expressive and able to communicate with guests nonverbally. Must be comfortable wearing a full body costume and interacting with children and families. Previous costume character or mascot experience a plus, but not required.
Confident. The natural leader of the gang. Friendly and considerate, always looking out for everyone else and happy to share the spotlight with friends. For safety reasons, performers from 5’8” to 6’0”+ are best for this costume.
Outgoing and full of energy. Constantly on the move. Definitely a bit of a “ham” and is frequently seen kidding around with the guests. For safety reasons, performers from 5’6” to 5’9” are best for this costume.
Short in stature but big on star quality. Always sweet to everyone and loves children the most. For safety reasons, performers from 4’10” to 5’2” are best for this costume.
HOSTS: Actors. Human guides who serve as a friendly and helpful liaison between the characters and the guests, giving “voice” to what the characters are unable to communicate verbally. This role involves answering guests’ questions and maintaining the character performers’ as well as the guests’ safety and wellbeing. Some scripted elements will be required. Must be comfortable interacting with children and families. Mask-wearing will be required.
NOTE: Hosts and character performers can be Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian/Pacific Islander, Middle Eastern/North African/South Asian, and/or white, as well as inclusive of all gender identities.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Non-Union.
· Rehearsals start in Hershey, PA on April 26, 2021.
· Contract runs April 30 through September 26, 2021.
· This contract will require performers and hosts to work six days per week/8 hours per day (with appropriate breaks) when Hersheypark is open 7 days a week (May 27 through September 6).
· The Park will only be open Friday through Sunday from April 30 through May 23, and Saturdays and Sundays only from September 11-26. Offsite character appearances could be scheduled Monday through Thursday on those weeks that the Park is only open on weekends.
· Pay Rate: $684/week.
· Housing can be provided for those who are not local to Hershey, PA. Locals who reside in the Southeastern/Central PA region are encouraged to submit.
RWS will hold virtual auditions and interviews by appointment via Zoom on Friday, April 9, 2021.
To submit ASAP for consideration: Go to https://bit.ly/3urKVtV and fill out our online submission form by 2pm Eastern on Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at the latest. You will be contacted by email, if selected, to set up a Zoom appointment for April 9th. Not everyone who submits will be contacted. Submissions received after April 6th may not be considered.
April 26, 2021 - September 26, 2021