Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS
New York, NY 10036
Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, the philanthropic heart of Broadway, is looking for a graphic designer who can wow us with their work in digital, motion, video and print. The right person will help us expand and enhance the ways we tell our story and connect with supporters and donors.
Our graphic designers work in-house (though currently based at home) on a wide variety of Broadway Cares events and projects across platforms. The designer will be responsible for concepting and executing digital, motion-based and illustrated pieces, as well as some print designs. The designer must be comfortable collaboratively brainstorming ideas to find the winning solution that will help garner attention, increase donations and engage the community.
The designer must have demonstrated skills in creating and executing design concepts across multiple platforms; extensive knowledge in After Effects, Photoshop, InDesign and related software; a portfolio with impressive examples of motion graphics, digital campaigns, print, illustration and animation.
The right candidate needs to have a commitment to helping those affected by HIV/AIDS, to Broadway Cares and to the theater community. Everyone here is an ambassador for Broadway Cares, our objectives, services and personality.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce compelling 360 campaigns for Broadway Cares events and projects that can adapt for all media
- Lead, organize and execute motion-based projects working closely with our in-house video editor, including editing raw video footage and adding effects/elements to enhance motion graphics
- Lead animation projects and related storyboarding
- Collaborate across disciplines (e.g. creating digital media including social campaigns, event banners, posters, postcards, invitations, signage, program ads, etc.)
- Finalize presentation of material for delivery
- Work with production, development and communications staffs to meet marketing, promotion and media deadlines
- Assist in design maintenance of broadwaycares.org, classicalaction.org and dradance.org as needed (e.g. supplying photos, logos, etc.)
- Participate with the entire Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS staff in facilitating the audience appeals that traditionally take place on Broadway for two six-week fundraising periods, which occur in the evening and on weekends
- Participate in major and minor fundraising events, some of which occur in the evening and on weekends
- At least 2-4 years experience in a design position, preferably at an in-house agency or nonprofit, or as full-time freelancer
- A finely tuned eye for motion graphics, typography and design
- A keen awareness of consumer and design trends
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Proficient in video and animation, particularly through After Effects
- Knowledge of printing and prepress procedures a plus
- Knowledge of and experience in photography and social media a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with team members
- Ability to actively participate in problem resolution, reacting positively and quickly to changing dynamics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to work within strict deadlines, both independently and with a close-knit team
- Self-motivated creative mind
- Passionate about making a difference with a comprehensive understanding of and commitment to Broadway Cares’ mission
- Flexibility, drive and a sense of humor
- An affection for dogsv
If interested please apply by emailing a cover letter, your resume and a link to your online portfolio.