Open Society Foundations
New York, NY 10019
Executive Assistant. New York. Application Deadline: 06/28/2020
We’re seeking an Executive Assistant based in New York to support Executive Officer, Johanna Chao Kreilick, in her multi-pronged portfolio including overseeing the strategy unit, leading the new cross-programmatic climate action initiative, and her supervision of program and operations directors.
The Strategy Unit supports excellence in OSF’s strategic planning, assessment, research, and learning practices. Working closely with OSF’s 50+ programs, foundations, offices, and departments, the Strategy Unit helps staff build and share their strategic skill sets, increases network-wide attention to information and approaches essential to good strategy, and streamlines internal practices to prioritize impact.
The Climate Action Initiative is a collaborative special purpose engine with the speed, scale, and integration necessary to respond to the climate crisis. We believe the Foundations’ best immediate contribution to both open society and climate justice is through a set of focused geographically-grounded interventions that work across three crucial pathways: political will-building, economic inclusion, and transformed climate governance and accountability.
The Open Society Foundations works to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world’s largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
As an Executive Assistant at Open Society you will:
- Manage various elements of the Executive Officer’s role and activities including email monitoring, managing and scheduling a complex yearly calendar and daily schedule, and organizing meeting logistics and materials.
- Coordinates logistical travel arrangements including: obtaining visas, scheduling flights and transfers, and preparing detailed travel documents.
- Provide communications support including preparation of draft remarks, talking points, etc based on existing documents such as meeting notes and email correspondence.
- Facilitate smooth communications among the executive, coworkers and external parties from a variety of backgrounds, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with all parties.
- Reconciles complex monthly expenses and expense reports
- Provides operational/administrative support for the department and the climate action initiative as needed.
What we are looking for:
- 3-5 years supporting at the executive level
- Enthusiasm and an interest in being the go-to, gatekeeper, and right hand to the Director
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and other software tools (project management software, etc.) for managing a range of business processes
- Ability to demonstrate discretion, diplomacy, integrity, excellent judgment, and respect in relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive, self-motivated working style with the ability to anticipate needs before they arise
- Flexibility and willingness to work simultaneously on a wide range of tasks and projects, and ability to prioritize accordingly
Desirable (but not required):
- Familiarity with OSF internal systems a plus (Concur, Salesforce, Contract Access, NetSuite, Workday, Foundation Connect)
- Communications experience a plus.
- Familiarity with philanthropy a plus.
- Experience navigating ambiguity and change a plus
What we offer:
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- Top-notch benefits and perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more.
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and CV; we look forward to learning more about you.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.