Hermitage Artist Retreat
Englewood, FL 34223
About the Hermitage Artist Retreat
The Hermitage is a multi-disciplinary artist retreat uniquely serving artists, the creative process, and the community. Located on a nine-acre beachside campus in Manasota Key at the southern tip of Sarasota County, Florida, we provide celebrated artists with six-week residences (a flexible bank of time to schedule over two years) to create new works of art, literature, theater, music, and more. Our Hermitage Fellows have described their experiences as “life-changing” and “transformative,” regularly noting that they accomplish more in two weeks at the Hermitage than they otherwise might do in two years. The award-winning original works created at the Hermitage are presented in renowned concert halls, theaters, museums, and galleries throughout our region and across the globe. In addition to the unique and invaluable experience we provide to artists, we take pride in our complementary missions of historic preservation, ecological restoration, and community outreach and engagement.
Executive Assistant/Program Coordinator – Job Description
The Executive Assistant/Program Coordinator reports directly to the Artistic Director/CEO in support of the overall mission. This position is responsible for the efficient operation and coordination of the executive office administrative duties and activities. Additionally, this position serves to support and coordinate the program and residency logistics for the Hermitage artists. This includes coordinating artist invitations and schedules, travel and accommodations, meals, presentations, and special events. The Executive Assistant/Program Coordinator may also support development gift processing, data entry, and acknowledgment letters. Organizing and tracking volunteers is a key responsibility. Additionally, this position will play a key role in event coordination. Special projects may be assigned.
Artistic Director and CEO: Andy Sandberg
Co-Founder and Program Director: Patricia Caswell
· Works directly for the Artistic Director and CEO to support the efficient day to day operations of the executive office. This includes shared drive management, calendar management, and organizing office inventory and materials.
· Responsible for clerical functions in organizing all incoming mail, invoices, filing, workflow, online accounts, etc.
· Supports programming through coordinating all logistics for the 70-80 artists in residence per year. This includes scheduling of residencies; any applicable travel arrangements; housing assignments and calendars; local travel and food/beverage as needed; and being present and available for their needs while in residence.
· Responsible for the efficient operations of all program needs, including email blasts, invitation lists, RSVP management, venue set ups, check-in process, etc.
· Coordinate volunteer management program, including the scheduling, training, and recruitment of volunteers.
· Manage the reception of incoming visitors and correspondence to ensure effective telephone, mail, and in-person communications both internally and externally to maintain the Hermitage’s professional image.
· Responsible for the office day-to-day operations, such as distributing mail and reports.
· Assist development with data entry, gift processing, and acknowledgment letters.
· Participates as needed in special organization projects at the direction of the Artistic Director/CEO.
· Support the production of the newsletter, and any other communications through social media platforms, as needed.
· Record, type and distribute meeting minutes, as requested.
· Demonstrated excellence in organizational, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills; strong editing and proofreading skills essential.
· Strong project management and coordination skills; must be detail oriented.
· Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently.
· Excellent interpersonal skills as a team player, at ease with a wide range of constituents and backgrounds.
· Reliable and resourceful, and “can do” attitude.
· Proficient with management software, including database, communication, donor, and event management programs.
· Proficient with all Microsoft Office and Google G-Suite applications.
· Ability to operate and troubleshoot basic office equipment.
· Ability to quickly understand and utilize technical systems and databases.
· Flexible to work evenings and weekends, as needed, in support of artist programs and donor events on campus and throughout our region.
· Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent, or higher.
· Familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
The Hermitage Artist Retreat is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, artists, guests, and members of our community.
Location of position: The Hermitage Artist Retreat on Manasota Key, Sarasota County, Florida
Salary and benefits:
Commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit:
· Cover Letter
· Three references
Submit Applications to: jobs@HermitageArtistRetreat.org
Application deadlines: We are seeking to fill this position in the coming weeks. Candidates are asked to submit their material as soon as possible.
August 1, 2020 -