Encores! Directing Fellowship
New York City Center
New York, NY
The Encores! Directing Fellow will work closely with the Directors and Associate Directors of the Encores! Series every season. They will attend rehearsals and be present for production meetings throughout pre-production, rehearsal, and tech. The Fellow will provide note-taking support, may be asked to run lines with actors, or stand in for actors who are not present while blocking is being reviewed. The Fellow will gain an intimate look into how Directors synthesize dynamics between all creative departments and manage time within truncated rehearsal processes.
Key Aspects of the Fellowship
- The Fellow will experience the full scope of City Center's Encores! season as a participant in the creative process for all three Encores! Productions.
- Under the guidance of three different Directing teams, the Fellow will discover new opportunities for networking, mentorship, observance, and involvement.
- Specialized career-development opportunities will be offered including seminars and individual networking.
- Prior to the first Encores! production, the fellow will participate in paid orientation.
Timeline & Compensation
-December 2023 - June 2024
Once Upon a Mattress: Mid-December - Late January
Jelly's Last Jam: Late January - Late February
Titanic: Mid-May - Mid-June
- $17/hr for a total of non-consecutive 14 weeks, weekly hours vary
Qualified Candidates will possess:
- 1+ years of experience in Directing
- Familiarity with the musical theater rehearsal & production process
Application Deadline: Thursday, October 26 at 6pm
Dec 14, 2023 -
Jun 23, 2024
$0.00 – $17.00