Irish Arts Center
New York, NY 10019
Irish Arts Center (IAC) is a national and international home for artists and audiences of all backgrounds. Based in Hell’s Kitchen, New York City, Irish Arts Center presents, develops, supports, and promotes work from established and emerging artists, providing cultural experiences that are innovative, collaborative, diverse, authentic, and emotionally and intellectually transporting, meet the highest standards of excellence, and celebrate our common humanity in an environment of Irish hospitality. Founded in 1972, throughout our history the Center has also provided community education programs and access to the arts for adults and children of all ages and ethnic, racial and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Irish Arts Center has recently completed construction of a $60 million landmark new permanent home, including a state of the art flexible performance and arts space for the presentation and development of work across a range of disciplines, including music, dance, theatre, film, visual arts, literature and the humanities; classrooms and studio spaces for education programs, development, and collaboration; technology to stream and distribute content on the digital platform; and an avenue-facing lobby café that will be a hub for hospitality and interaction between artists and audiences. As part of a second phase, IAC will renovate its adjacent existing 51st Street building to provide a second, intimate performance space—the historic Irish Arts Center theatre—optimized for the most intimate live music and conversation, recordings, podcasts, master classes and special events, and a beautiful new courtyard entrance on 51st Street where the historic Irish Arts Center and the new building will meet.
Thanks to the fortitude, discipline, creativity, and generosity of our people, Irish Arts Center has maintained stability throughout COVID-19, despite the interruption of construction and the suspension of in-person programming, and is ready to provide a beacon of hope for artists and audiences as part of New York’s cultural restoration.
Irish Arts Center is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are seeking a dynamic, talented Director of Marketing and Audience Development to join our team at this exciting time in our history.
The Director of Marketing and Audience Development will have a clear, exciting, and creative vision for leveraging the new Irish Arts Center opening season programming to meet ambitious sales goals, engage new audiences and increase loyalty in existing audiences.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for meeting and exceeding sales targets and for creating dynamic multi-channel strategies aimed at audience growth, especially in building audiences for multidisciplinary programming that sits solidly in a contemporary New York arts context, and the ability and drive to integrate grassroots, relational, and data-driven marketing approaches to meet these goals. Irish Arts Center utilizes Tessitura as its CRM and the ideal candidate will have some experience with this tool.
The Director of Marketing and Audience Development is a critical hub for the audience experience at Irish Arts Center, and will oversee the audience services function.
The Director of Marketing and Audience Development will lead a team that includes the Director of Branding and Content, the Marketing and Audience Development Manager, a Marketing and Programming Associate, and the Audience Services Manager. (The Audience Services Manager will manage the front of house team).
The Director of Marketing and Audience Development will report to the Director of Programming and General Manager, and serve on the senior management and strategic communications teams led by the Executive Director.
Devise, manage and implement comprehensive, multi-channel marketing campaigns to reach ticket sales and audience development goals
Develop and execute innovative, data-driven audience development strategies that focus on increasing patron loyalty, reaching new audiences, and increasing audience diversity:
· Emphasis on building the Irish Arts Center position in the off-Broadway, contemporary dance, and live music cultural markets
· Emphasis on cultivating and nurturing relationships within the New York contemporary and traditional arts communities from diverse backgrounds
· Targeted grassroots and community outreach initiatives, including engagement with local Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood
· Engagement with an Irish/Irish American heritage-interested community, in particular those not already within IAC’s network
· Create and generate partnerships and cross-promotional opportunities
Work with Director of Branding and Content on collateral and content creation in support of arts programming and education marketing campaigns
Utilize reporting analytics (such as Wordfly, Tessitura, Survey Monkey, and Google Analytics) to generate key sales, analyze sales data, report trends, and make recommendations to increase ROI
Collaborate with relevant colleagues on the management, development and evolution of our CRM database solution (Tessitura)
Supervise and collaborate with Audience Services Manager to leverage the front of house and box office experience to maximize audience engagement, loyalty, and ticket sales
Lead strategy and execution of dynamic pricing initiatives and inventory management
Plan and manage marketing budget including tracking ROI
Develop and execute activities to support audience development, group sales, and audience loyalty
Collaborate with press agent on marketing specific press objectives
Collaborate with relevant colleagues on strategic and institutional marketing efforts
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience necessary
· Minimum of six years of marketing, arts management or audience development in the arts and culture space
· Passion and interest in the contemporary cultural and creative world, with emphasis on the performing arts
· Focus and goal-orientation, with ability to operate at multiple management altitudes (both strategy and execution); enjoys managing a team
· Proficiency with Tessitura preferred (or a similar customer database software)
· Understanding of marketing reports/procedures and industry best practices; comfortable working with data
· Patron-centric and customer-service focus; thrives from person-to-person engagement both large and small-scale
· Responds well to a deadline-driven, multi-task environment
· Self-directed with strong ability to plan ahead, work independently, and set and adhere to deadlines
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong attention to detail; able to handle several tasks simultaneously
· Willingness to work evenings and weekends when required
Salary $75,000-$85,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits include: employer-provided medical/dental/vision insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and pre-tax savings on transit/parking.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com before May 1st, with your last name and “IAC DMAD Playbill” in the subject line. No calls, please.
75,000 - 85,000