Work Light Productions
Summit, NJ 07901
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE, WORK LIGHT PRODUCTIONS
Work Light Productions, a theatrical production and general management company, is seeking a Director of Finance. Founded in 2008, WLP specializes in producing theatrical tours throughout North America and internationally. Our 2021-22 season includes the tours of "Ain't Too Proud: The Life and Times of the Temptations", "Jesus Christ Superstar", "RENT 25th Anniversary Farewell Tour", and a new production of "An Officer and a Gentleman". Our office is located on the second floor of a lovely Brownstone in Summit, NJ - across the street from the NJ Transit train station with direct access to NYC/Penn Station, with parking provided and many restaurants, shops & services within walking distance.
The Director of Finance will report to the Partners and be responsible for ensuring that the organization's fiscal function is executed efficiently and effectively. This position has the potential to grow into a Chief Financial Officer.
* Manages and oversees the incoming and outgoing monies for Work Light Productions, its subsidiaries and Touring entities
* Oversees and executes bi-weekly payrolls for WLP and its subsidiaries through Prism
* Oversees weekly Tour payrolls (including union benefits payments) for multiple entities, in conjunction with Tour General Managers and Company Managers; executes all payroll bank transfers; organizes & manages payroll check distribution
* Reconciles weekly tour engagement settlements and enters payments into Quickbooks; makes & records all bank deposits
* Bill payment/ accounts payable management across multiple entities
* Coordinates with Tour Bookkeepers and Accountants on financial reporting including sending weekly reports; manages quarterly and year-end taxation logistics and dissemination of required forms
* Manages Distributions to investors from multiple entities, in conjunction with General Managers
* Reviews weekly Cash Position Reports from tour Accountants and monitors cashflow with General Managers
* Assists Partners with tour investment documents and Investor relations
* Assists Partners with banking relationship and execution of annual financing; maintains credit card relationships & credit card employee controls/new cards
* Manages & Executes annual Worker's Compensation Audits for all entities
* Manages & submits tour insurance applications with Broker
* Assists Partners with Covid-19 government grant spending compliance, reporting and audit requirements
* Other duties as assigned
* Strong understanding of, and ability to perform, generally accepted accounting principles, concepts and practices
* Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting skills
* Proficiency with payroll processing is a must
* Confidentiality and attention to detail
* High proficiency with Quickbooks and Excel
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; MBA or CPA would be highly desirable, but not required depending on specific work experience and skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be a team player with a personable, collaborative and positive attitude
* Experience in working with an arts/entertainment organization is highly desired but not required
Terms and Conditions:
* Eligible to work in the USA
* Start date by mid-to-late November 2021
* Full-time in our office 10am-6pm. Some evening and/or weekend work may be required at times depending on show schedules.
* Compensation: Salaried, +/- $100,000 - $110,000 commensurate with experience and education. Includes full benefit package of Health, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance; 401-K with 3% Employer Contribution; Parking paid by Employer.
Work Light Productions is an equal opportunity Employer. BIPOC candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply by Email: No phone calls please. Submit a cover letter and resume to the email listed in this posting. In the subject line include first name and last name - Director of Finance Search.
November 15, 2021 -
+/- $100,000 - $110,000