Alvin Ailey American Dance Foundation
New York, NY 10019
DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
ALVIN AILEY DANCE FOUNDATION, INC.
The world’s leading modern dance organization seeks a Digital Marketing Manager to manage email marketing operations, serve as the primary content manager for AlvinAiley.org, and help execute and inform digital marketing strategy. The Digital Marketing Manager will focus primarily on driving ticket sales, donations, and engagement with content related to the main and junior dance companies (Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater and Ailey II) and work in concert with other staff who oversee web content for the various educational programs including The Ailey School and Ailey Extension. They will also be tasked with managing an email marketing software migration and a website upgrade planned for spring/summer 2021.
Reporting to the head of the Marketing department, this position works closely with staff across the Ailey organization as well as consultants and service providers.
The ideal candidate must have expertise in email and web content and production, digital marketing best practices and trends, analytics reporting, design, and usability. Copywriting/copy editing experience and familiarity with web development are also strongly preferred. They must be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and to pivot when necessary. The successful candidate should also be collaborative, forward-thinking, and experienced in making data-driven decisions.
· Email marketing:
o Manage upcoming email marketing software migration
o Build and send emails, including automated campaigns
o Grow and maintain email database
o Analyze and report on campaign performance
o Troubleshoot deliverability and technical issues
· Web/content management:
o Manage upgrade of content management system
o Serve as the organization’s primary content manager, updating site content regularly
o Execute and maintain special digital projects (e.g., microsites)
o Train and guide other staff in content editing best practices
o Develop and maintain digital brand guidelines
o Work with in-house developer to improve website design and UX
o Work with consultants on SEO and monitor analytics reports
· Stay current with industry trends and best practices; recommend new tools and strategies
· Track and manage invoices and website/email budget
· Other general departmental tasks as required, including working at select performances during Ailey’s New York City seasons and galas in June and December (this includes working a few evenings and/or weekends)
· Minimum 2–3 years email marketing, marketing automation, and content management experience
· Prior experience in email segmentation/optimization and e-commerce; working knowledge of Salesforce and Pardot preferred
· Prior experience as a content manager; working knowledge of Drupal 8 (or higher) or similar CMS preferred
· Experience with email marketing software migrations and website upgrades/redesigns
· Intermediate HTML/CSS skills
· Proficiency with Excel, Google Analytics, and Photoshop
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Familiarity with, and a passion for, dance is a plus
Job starts ASAP
Compensation: Competitive salary (see below). Benefits include employer-provided health/dental insurance, Flexible Spending Account, retirement plan, and savings on transit/parking.
To apply for this position, click on the apply link below and upload one file (accepted formats include .doc, .docx, .txt, or .pdf) that contains the following items:
· Cover letter detailing your interest in this position at Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation, Inc. and salary requirements
· Contact information for two references
No phone calls, please.
April 12, 2021 -