New York, NY 10019
MCC THEATER seeks a detail-oriented and creative-thinking Development Operations Associate to join their Development Department. This associate will support all facets of development with a focus on database administration and our growing telefundraising efforts, with opportunities to collaborate across the department. This position will have heavy interaction with our telefundraising team and the ideal candidate will be interested in this outbound work.
ABOUT MCC THEATER:
For over more than 30 years, MCC Theater has established itself as a leading and award-winning off-Broadway theater company. MCC’s mission to provoke conversations that have never happened and otherwise never would is achieved across four program areas: annual productions of new plays and musicals; development of new work by artists with bold voices; deep and enriching public engagement initiatives; and intensive in-school and after-school programs that foster in high school students that desire to be heard and speak out.
In January 2019, MCC opened its new $20 million state-of-the-art theater complex, The Robert W. Wilson MCC Theater Space, which houses all productions, programming, and administrative operations under one roof. Recent productions include School Girls; or The African Mean Girls Play, BLKS, All the Natalie Portmans, The Wrong Man, Alice by Heart, The Legend of Georgia McBride, and Hand to God, among others.
MCC Produces 4-5 productions each season (4 slated for 2021/22) as well as PlayLabs and SongLabs developmental readings and workshops.
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Salary is $45,000/year, firm to start, plus health, dental and vision benefits, opt-in 403(b), and other benefits.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Perform daily database tasks in support of the Development department and coordinate daily Telefundraising call rooms. Some evenings and flexible weekend hours may be needed, with ample notice. The Development Operations Associate reports to the Manager of Individual Giving and Director of Development.
1. Actively support telefundraising team in outbound correspondence with current patrons, donors, subscribers, and ticket buyers
2. Act as liaison between Telefund and Development, updating callers on all organization-related matters
3. Coordinate and attend all call room hours with part-time callers
4. Assist in lead maintenance and distribution amongst callers
5. Process new Telefund patrons and manage necessary follow-up
6. Process Telefund payroll and reports
Database and Operations
1. Complete gift entry and processing for all department gifts
2. Update and maintain accurate records in database
3. Manage daily and monthly reports
4. Assist in reconciliation with Development and Finance teams
5. Pull reports and customer lists for team as requested
1. Complete all internal research for individual and institutional prospects as well as event-related needs
2. Maintain accurate records and update regularly in database
1. Manage department calendar and record notes as needed
2. Assist in facilitating all department mailings including invitations and campaign letters
3. With Marketing and Audience Services team, facilitate development-focused email marketing campaigns
4. Assist in execution of annual Miscast gala
5. Prepare all department tax acknowledgement letters
1. Ideal candidate has at least 1 year experience on a development team, in a customer service role, or other related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Knowledge of and enthusiasm for theater, performing arts, and arts education a plus
2. Excellent written and verbal communication
3. Experience and/or interest in outbound fundraising
4. An interest and experience with database management, Spektrix a plus
5. Fluency with spreadsheets (MS Excel, Google Sheets, etc.)
6. Ability to multi-task and manage more than one project at a time
7. Eagerness to be an active participant in and meaningful contributor to MCC’s ongoing work on creating and nurturing a culture of belonging rooted in equity, diversity, and inclusion and apply EDI principles to scope of work.
8. Collegiality and team orientation a must with opportunities to contribute beyond job parameters.
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or genetic information, or veteran status.
The facilities at MCC Theater are fully accessible and ADA compliant.
Please submit a resume and include a cover letter telling us about your skills, interests, and what excites you most about the MCC community. Submit application to email@example.com with Development Operations Associate in the subject line by Wednesday, September 29. No mail or calls.