The John W. Engeman Theater at Northport
Northport, NY 11768
The Company Manager is one of the principal liaisons between the artists and theater company. The Company Manager will ensure a smooth and comprehensive process for all things related to the theatrical company. The Company Manager reports to the Director of Production.
· Acts as the theater’s liaison with company (cast & crew) at all rehearsals and performances (this requires night and weekend hours).
· Coordinates general artist services and creates a positive atmosphere for guest artists, including but not limited to coordinating travel and housing, Covid-19 Protocols, emergency health and wellness assistance, and procuring union-mandated meals.
• Assists Director of Production with contracts for distribution and execution.
• Integrates Actors into payroll systems, including but not limited to collecting and maintaining required payroll paperwork
• Distributes weekly production related payroll to cast, crew, and creative team members.
• Tracks and files artist contracts with the appropriate unions and artists’ representatives. Prepares weekly union reports for all Actors and remits Dues, Pension and Health Reports to Finance Department and subsequently the appropriate unions.
• Acts as primary point of contact for workers’ compensation claims-file claims and acts as liaison between injured employee and workers’ compensation carrier.
· Maintains current Fire Guard, Fire Drill and First Aid, CPR, & AED certifications
· Collects bios from all artists for Playbill and website.
· Liaises with Production Manager on ensuring a well-stocked and maintained rehearsal room supplies and equipment, necessary production related seats at performances, and efficient communication between Stage Management and Director of Production.
· Processes House Seat requests.
· Communicates with House manager to verify appropriate staffing is in place for Mainstage, Children’s Theater productions, rentals, readings and other events requiring a Fire Guard.
· Maintains authorizations for all complimentary tickets for all public performances.
· Serves as management team point person at the theater with regard to facilities issues as they arise, and communicating all such issues to Director of Operations and Facilities Manager in a timely fashion.
· Other duties as requested.
Desired Experience, Skills & Qualifications
Ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of work experience, preferably at a performing arts institution, live entertainment venue, or comparable environment. Candidate will demonstrate attention to detail, creative problem-solving skills, possess and exhibit empathy, exude a good sense of humor, a calm and clear head in difficult situations, a track record of on-their-feet problem solving, and excellent multi-tasking abilities. Strong customer service skills, clear communication, and ability to be a team player will be crucial.
Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and experience with AudienceView/Ovationtix is a plus.
This position requires evening and weekend availability. Candidate must have their own transportation and close proximity to Northport and NYC.
The John W. Engeman Theater is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who identify as BIPOC, queer, trans, non-binary, candidates with disabilities, or candidates who are parents or immigrants are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time position with a salary range of $44,000 - $50,000 (commensurate with experience) per year and benefits. Please email a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Collester at firstname.lastname@example.org and include Company Manager in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
$44,000 - $50,000
October 1, 2021 -