New York, NY
The Box Office Manager will oversee the overall day to day operations of the ticketing department, requiring a high level of both internal and external communication and coordination. This role is highly visible and interacts with sponsors, vendors, clients, programmers, development staff and marketing staff. This individual may be the first interaction members of the public have in answering inquiries about programs and helping a visitor obtain program or museum exhibition tickets. This fulcrum position ensures that programs are listed on our website in a timely manner, ticket inquiries and refunds are handled promptly and with the highest level of customer service and that frontline visitor’s services staff are well-supported in real time. They also need to prepare reports and keep management dashboard current, interfacing with the Salesforce technical team, as well as programmers from our Global Arts and Museum Department, as well as our New York Center and Education, Asia Society Policy Institute and the US-China Center. Finally, they need to interface with the marketing team to make sure that special events and offers are incorporated in the box office system.
· Manages the ACME box office system, becoming fluent in its back-office operations and is able to train other staff members in its use.
· Prepares daily audience attendance reports, including documentation on all ticket sales, receipts and cash deposits.
· Supports the Visitors’ Services and Membership teams in ensuring that all data in the system is up-to-date and accurate.
· Ensures that all Box Office data is accurately transferred to the Salesforce CRM, per Salesforce protocols.
· Works closely with the Development Department and the Director of Membership to ensure that membership data is accurately conveyed and updated in the Box Office system.
· Creates events reports for management and programmers in order to track success metrics for each program, exhibition and event.
· Supervises efficient development and implementation of all box office policies and procedures to handle ticket sales efficiently and ensure the highest level of customer service interaction – online, on the phone and in-person.
· Works collegially with all staff – from department programmers, to Visitor Service and Store personnel to IT and Salesforce technical staff.
· Monitors all customer requests and complaints and trains Visitors Services staff on Box Office to ensure optimal level of customer services to provide resolution and timely and accurate processing of all ticket sales, refunds and other requests.
· Supervises all Box Office processes, such as exchanges, ticket gifts or donations.
· Works with department programmers to ensure all programs are listed on the Asia Society web site in a timely manner.
· Coordinates with marketing and/or development all discount codes and ticket offers and participate in assessment meetings to measure metrics and offer guidance on where changes might be productive.
· Works closely with the IT and Salesforce team to install any ACME Box Office upgrades or new versions of software.
· Assists all department to manage all subscriptions, where needed, as well helping to create mailing and contact lists based on ticket sales data.
· Maintains records of sources for all ticket sales and work with marketing and membership with that information to maximize successful ticket sales growth.
· Maintains an inventory of all box office supplies and informs the Managing Director of Visitor Services of any needs with adequate advance notice.
· Troubleshoots on all box office activities, interfacing with the Visitors Services team.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, with 6-8 years demonstrated experience in increasing responsible management roles, preferably in a fast-paced, highly productive environment.
· At least five years’ experience in Box Office and/or Visitors Services, preferably in a cultural institution. Knowledge of ACME Box Office is a strong plus.
· Detail-oriented and organized; ability to be a self-starter and to multi-task
· Must be team player.
· Can be successful in in a fast-paced environment and solve problems when the answers aren’t always obvious.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
· Advanced computer skills; Salesforce/CRM as well as Marketing Cloud experience is a plus.
ABOUT ASIA SOCIETY:
The Asia Society, founded by John D. Rockefeller the 3rd in 1956, is a global non-profit dedicated to identifying future pathways for Asia and the world which enhance peace, prosperity, freedom, equality, and sustainability. Headquartered in NYC, with 15 Centers located in Asia, the US and Europe, the Asia Society has a dynamic and impressive Board of Trustees of more than 70 international leaders representing thought leadership in policy, the arts, education as well as in governance and philanthropy.
Asia Society is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that engaging staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better realize our mission of navigating shared futures.
Asia Society offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan, numerous paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, self-development hours, and more. Please visit www.asiasociety.org/about/careers and click on “Employee Benefits” to view our full benefits summary
Benefit package highlights:
· An HRA plan (fully funded by Asia Society) supplements our medical plan and covers the full annual deductible.
· After 1 year of service (1,000 hours), Asia Society contributes 6% of gross earnings to an eligible employee’s 403(b) account, regardless of whether the employee makes their own contributions.
· Asia Society offers Self-Development time off, including Self-Development Summer Fridays between July 4th and Labor Day.
Asia Society is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this role, all interested applicants must submit a completed application to the following email: .
A completed application must include:
Jun 22, 2022 - Jul 22, 2022
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.