Broadway On Demand
New York, NY 10016
Broadway On Demand (www.broadwayondemand.com) is the premiere streaming platform offering exclusive livestream events, a wide-ranging library of video on demand content, interactive engagements, and educational resources. It is a virtual performing arts complex offering a variety of programming including not only Broadway shows but also, individual artists, concert series, educational programming and engaging content from performance venues around the world.
Thanks to a unique licensing interface, ShowShareTM, approved middle school, high school, college, community and professional theatre productions have the opportunity to be streamed to their audiences via this global platform.
Broadway On Demand fulfills Broadway’s long-held promise of being the ‘longest street in the world’.
Associate Product Manager will support the development of custom-built streaming platforms for premium clients, implementing features and improvements to the existing websites and OTT apps. You'll work closely with performing arts organizations to breakdown their needs into goal-oriented product plans and specifications, and lead team to achieve timely delivery.
This position sits uniquely between web/OTT development and production operations for digital theatre. You will be responsible for creating a streamlined online platform for our theatre clients & their patrons, as well as successfully delivering livestream & VOD productions through these websites & apps.
· Liaise between client and the developer & engineering team on UI / UX requirements, custom integrations, QA processes, etc. to launch custom built products
· Manage CMS & backend of the platforms and set up livestream & VOD solutions
· Perform routine tests of existing site functionality & account access across browser and device
· Track and coordinate bug fixes, new feature launch & improvements necessary to website & apps
· Support needs for platform analytics & insight on user behavior.
· 1-3 years of work experience with tech and product management – preferably with product development
· Experience with website CMS such as Wordpress, SquareSpace.
· Basic understanding of DNS/Domain, API, Html/CSS, video streaming, etc.
· Web-based troubleshooting experience
· The ability to maintain calm under pressure. Must be able to work at a fast pace while managing multiple tasks and maintaining a professional attitude
· Meticulous attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
· Ability to initiate projects, think holistically, anticipate issues and see projects through to completion
· Quick learner, with creative problem-solving skills & ability to work independently
· Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills
· Efficiency and organizational skills
· Experiences developing media/streaming and OTT applications
· Working knowledge of AppleTV, Roku, Amazon FireTV Stick, and Chromecast
· Working knowledge of Android and Apple devices
· Understanding of livestream technology and software such as OBS & Streamyard as well as video production
This is a contractor position in a fun and friendly, yet hard working environment. Evenings and weekends may be required.
Rate: Approximately $25-$30/hour
Start Date: available immediately.
April 16, 2021 -