Broadway Advocacy Coalition
New York, NY 10025
ABOUT THE BROADWAY ADVOCACY COALITION:
The Broadway Advocacy Coalition is an arts-based advocacy nonprofit dedicated to building the capacity of individuals, organizations, and communities to dismantle the systems that perpetuate racism through the power of storytelling and the leadership of people directly affected. Founded in 2016 by several members of the Broadway community as a direct response to the nation's pandemic of racism and police brutality, the Broadway Advocacy Coalition has since grown into a multidisciplinary organization uniting artists, legal experts and community advocates to create lasting impact and collaborations on policy issues ranging from criminal justice reform to education equity to immigration.
Via its partnership with the Center for Institutional and Social Change at Columbia Law School, BAC has created a groundbreaking course at the Law School and collaborated with public institutions across New York City including the New York City Council and the Brooklyn District Attorney’s office. Recently named to Variety’s 2020 “Broadway To Watch” list, other past collaborations include the Gasping for Justice campaign featuring Jesse Williams, Fiona Apple and Alec Baldwin and the 24 Hour Plays "Viral Monologues" featuring DeRay Mckesson, Lynn Nottage and Aja Naomi King.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are seeking an ambitious and dedicated individual to assist the Executive Director in the day to day operations of the organization.
The ideal candidate is:
- A quick learner that takes initiative.
- Self directed and adept at managing many different projects simultaneously.
- Highly detail oriented.
- A jack of all trades that can shift easily between data entry, collaborating with artists, and research.
- A skilled writer interested in learning new skills.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting in generalized administrative and clerical tasks including payroll, managing W9s, and invoices
- Keeping organizational folders and documents updated and organized.
- Taking notes at meetings as needed and following up via email with action steps.
- Working with the Executive Director on executing donor engagement including online and in person events.
- Producing online and in person events alongside the leadership team and chief of staff.
- Assisting with writing on behalf of organization, as needed.
- Assisting in communicating and liaising with Board of Directors and various committees, as needed
- Other ad hoc projects as needed by the Executive Director, including donor and foundation research.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Part time, paid hourly. To be negotiated based on experience.