Shellscrape Theatre Co.
New York, NY 10019
Shellscrape Theatre Co. seeks a volunteer part-time Executive Director to manage and provide administrative and program support for the day to day activities of our growing company. Applicants from underrepresented communities in theatre encouraged to apply. Please note that while this is currently an unpaid position, our objective this year (with the help of our new Executive Director) is to find room in the budget to pay each member of the team a per-production stipend.
ABOUT SHELLSCRAPE: We are a team of three members who all volunteer our time because we LOVE creating theatre and collaborating with like minded people! The typical work week for Shellscrape team members in our off season consists of approximately 5 hours of administrative work and a weekly staff meeting. During production, the time commitment expands to approximately 10 - 15 hours for the duration of tech week through the end of show. While we do work very hard, we also love to celebrate the people we work with (who often become good friends) and the art we create. Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply - happy to share what we’ve learned with enthusiastic members if needed!
• Provide administrative support for the overall operations of the company
• Compose donor correspondence, event and fundraising reports as well as contracts
• Recruit, engage and manage all Interns with the company
• Collaborate with industry professionals, guest artists and Shellscrape staff
• Lead all Development activities, including: donor research, grant writing and reporting, event coordination and financial analysis
• Attention to detail, highly organized and resourceful
• Ability to provide support while acting independently where appropriate
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and writing ability
• Patience and flexibility is essential, as is the ability to prioritize and strategize
• Skilled with Google and Microsoft Suites
• 1 - 2 years experience with Front of House, Administration, Fundraising, or Non-Profits preferred
To Apply: Please email resume, writing sample (professional correspondence, project description, press release of no more than two pages) and cover letter outlining why you are interested in this position to:
May 1, 2021 -