Accounts Receivable Associate
The Araca Group
New York, CA 10036
Araca is seeking an enthusiastic Accounts Receivable Associate for its bustling New
York City office. This position requires an ambitious and innovative professional that is meticulously organized and technically savvy. Having a passion for theater, music, popular culture, and entertainment brands is a plus. The Accounts Receivable Associate will directly report to the Financial Controller as well as work with all areas of the finance team, sales and operations.
Employees are working from home/remote currently. Plan to move to hybrid model in the next few months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Customer file management in the accounting software
· Float Management, change requests and scheduling of cash pickups
· Daily review of global accounts and recording of all payments received
· Reconciliation of all live event sales including report pulling, fee documentation, payment recording and follow up
· Communication/Discrepancy resolution with Operational Teams
· File chargeback claims with credit card processors
· Monitoring of AR for all subsidiaries and regular and scheduled follow up with customers/account management including statement management.
· Setting up outstanding receivables with collection agents
· Check deposits and processing credit card payments
· Assistance with issuing invoices and credit memos
· Weekly reporting to management
· Assist with internal and external audits
· Month end closing assistance
· Additional tasks as requested
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years of professional Accounting/Finance experience with a focus on Accounts Receivable
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Experience with NetSuite or a similar account system
- Familiarity with Concur or similar invoice approval software
- Advanced excel skills including pivot tables and V-lookups
- Manufacturing, production, and merchandising industry experience
- A passion for Broadway theatre or Entertainment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and creative environment
- Salary and Benefits: Salary: $50-55K, commensurate with experience
- Health and dental insurance
- 401(k) with company contribution
- 3 weeks’ paid time off per year
About the Company:
Founded in 1997, The Araca Group is a vertically integrated theatrical producing and merchandising company, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, London, and Sydney. Araca works closely with both new and established partners to activate fan engagement through merchandise experiences. Each activation is carefully tailored to support the brand's marketing strategy, generate revenue, and enhance the overall entertainment event.
As theatrical producers, our mission is to create entertainment that is artistically compelling to our audiences and financially successful for our investors. As merchandisers, our mission is to excite and engage our partners' audiences by delivering the highest quality products through innovative and strategic distribution channels.
Some of our clients include: Wicked, The Book of Mormon, Hadestown, Cobra Kai, SEGA, Blumhouse, Outlander, Masked Singer, Lionsgate, and Jeopardy, for more information go to www.araca.com.
Please send cover email and resume. You must include “Accounts Receivable Associate” in the subject line of your email. Please, no phone calls. Araca will contact successful applicants for an interview. Araca is an equal opportunity employer.
April 21, 2021 -
APPLY BY EMAILSend e-mail to 00000178-f599-d7b3-abf9-fddb6b000000...
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.