The Volunteer Coordinator/Registration Assistant for the National Alliance for Musical Theatre is a seasonal position, paid hourly, that will report to the New Works Director and Membership Director.
Festival Volunteer Coordination Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Contact and follow up with companies and educational institutions to obtain volunteers
- Act as a liaison for the National Alliance for Musical Theatre and Festival Management for all volunteers
- Create and keep up to date a detailed schedule and contact sheet for volunteers
- Schedule and lead (with the New Works Director and the General Manager) the volunteer meeting prior to the festival
- During the festival, track locations and re-assign volunteers as needed with the General Management team
Festival Registration Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Office Coordinator as needed:
- Communicate with and assist registrants for the Festival and Fall Conference via email and phone
- Process and print badges
- Organize and prepare registration needs for Festival, including reports, badges, paperwork and supplies
- Process late registrations and assist in the office while NAMT staff is off-site Oct 21-23
- Close out registrations after the Festival and wrap-up any correspondence with registrants
- Supervise volunteers assigned to registration desk at the Festival
- Assist at registration desk as needed
- Excellent computer skills and general proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Docs/Sheets/Forms. Familiarity with PatronManager/Salesforce and FormAssembly helpful but NOT required.
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of regional theatres, musical theatre and New York theatre industry, and a willingness to learn even more
- Discretion when handling confidential or sensitive information
- A passion for musical theatre
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be in the office and onsite at the Festival for full days on October 21-25, 2019
- Strong customer service skills, grace under pressure and ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
This position will report to New Works Director Ciera Iveson and Membership Director Adam Grosswirth and is a seasonal hourly position. No health benefits or paid time off are included. The position will be from late August/early Sept through end of October. Schedule is flexible but full-time, on-site availability on October 21-25 is required.
Please send your resume as a PDF with a cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subect "Volunteer Coordinator"
September 3, 2019 - October 31, 2019