New York, NY 10036
Who we are:
AKA is a global, fully-integrated entertainment advertising agency with offices in the United States, United Kingdom and Australia. Established in London in 1995, our U.S. clients include top Broadway shows, tourism destinations, and arts and culture experiences. With a unique mixture of analytical thinking and bold creative vision, we collaborate with our clients to engage with the widest possible audiences—creating advertising and experiences that speak to the core values of each individual brand.
What you’ll do:
AKA NYC is seeking an exceptional Commercial/Video Editor to join our Content team. You will play a key role in producing a wide variety of live action and motion graphic video content. This position works alongside an award-winning team of directors, copywriters, and producers.
Who we’re looking for:
· Talented and well-rounded editor that works well under tight deadlines and high-quality expectations.
· Hard working and driven team player.
· Passionate about Broadway and Entertainment.
What you’ll need:
· 3+ Years post-production experience.
· Impressive reel.
· Competence and understanding of post-production processes.
· The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty, ambiguity, and quickly evolving goals.
· Knowledge of collaborating and working alongside clients in advertising setting to meet creative briefs.
· Excellent sense of pace and timing, a knowledge for the best ways to grab viewers, and a sense for how to tell a powerful story in as little time as possible.
· Ability to turn projects around on tight deadlines.
· Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud.
· Expert level experience with Premiere.
· Medium level experience with After Effects.
· Moderate - Expert experience with Photoshop/Illustrator.
Why you should work with us:
We take care of our employees. In addition to joining a one-of-a-kind team, the AKA team enjoys employer-paid medical and dental insurance, generous vacation policy, Summer Fridays, complimentary theatre tickets, weekly happy hour, AKAdemy classes, discounts, and so much more! For a complete list, please visit our website.
Please forward a brief cover letter, resume, 3 pieces of work you are most proud of, and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Motion Graphics Designer" in the subject line. No phone calls.
October 18, 2017 -