Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
New York, NY 10023
Temporary Part-Time Administrative Assistant, Business and Operations
Lincoln Center Education
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus. LCPA presents over 350 performances annually throughout our different performance series including American Songbook, Great Performers, Live from Lincoln Center, Lincoln Center Festival, Mostly Mozart Festival, Midsummer Night Swing, Lincoln Center Out of Doors and White Light Festival.
In addition, LCPA supports an array of programs for Lincoln Center Education (LCE) including its community and family programming. LCE enriches the lives of students, educators and lifelong learners by providing opportunities for engagement with the arts on the stage, in the classroom, digitally and in the community.
The Temporary Part-Time Administrative Assistant, Business and Operations, will play a significant role in ensuring timely and accurate data processing and providing administrative support to the Lincoln Center Education team. The Temporary Part-Time Administrative Assistant, Business and Operations, will report to the Assistant Director, Business and Operations.
• Perform data entry of Teaching Artists’ timesheets and follow-up on timesheets not received.
• Prepare and proof Teaching Artist payroll.
• Process all departmental invoices and check requests; assist with purchase orders, recording tuition, and following up on miscellaneous checks received.
• Maintain digital files and design file architecture/nomenclature.
• Maintain inventory of copy room items and purchase administrative office supplies.
• Maintain departmental financial files and update database.
• Provide general administrative support to the Assistant Director, Business Development and Operations, as needed.
• 1-2 years of administrative experience required.
• Excellent quantitative skills with bookkeeping experience/knowledge preferred.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, and Excel.
• Knowledge of Commence, Tessitura, and Epicor preferred; comfort learning and working within different databases and systems required.
• Professional telephone manner and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent detail orientation proofreading skills.
• Interest in the performing arts and/or arts education a plus.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Temporary Part-Time Administrative Assistant, Business and Operations in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.