Long Wharf Theatre
New Haven, CT 06511
Long Wharf Theatre (LWT) -- a regional nonprofit theatre with a mission to create high-quality theatre that engages and inspires our community – is seeking a Full-time Properties Runner for the 2018-2019 Season to run all Properties for all shows in two theatres
Essential Job Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to work with Long Wharf employees in a collegial manner
· Ability to work well under pressure, with varied personalities with a positive and dedicated problem solving attitude
· Ability to use Windows Computers and Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to work alone or on a team, as needs require
· Strong written and verbal communications skills in English
· Well organized
· Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
· Ability to perform many tasks in one day
· Willingness to work safely
· Ability to learn web-based software required for the job and for administrative purposes
· Ability to use a computer for email, calendaring, spreadsheets, and word processing
· Submit timesheets to supervisor according to current requirements
· Attend trainings in administrative procedures as required
· Attend safety trainings as required
· This job operates in a multi-faceted work environment. This role routinely uses, but is not limited to tools such as hot glue guns, screw gun, staplers, basic hand tools, standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
· This is a physically active role that requires the ability to lift heavy objects, climb stairs, work at height on various elevation devices, bend and stand for long periods of time as necessary.
Travel and Weekend Work
· Occasional local travel.
· This position requires weekend and evening work.
Required Education and Experience
· High School Diploma/GED
· Proven Experience in Props
Preferred Education and Experience
· 2 years professional experience, running live performances
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Valid US Driver License in good standing subject to a motor vehicle record check
· Provable eligibility to work in the US
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
LWT is committed to building a creative and dynamic work environment that celebrates individual differences and diversity and treats everyone with fairness and respect. We do not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual’s race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local regulations. We strongly encourage candidates of color to apply. EOE
September 3, 2018 - May 26, 2019