Working with the Production Manager, Cruise Director and onboard management, the Production Stage Manager is responsible for the efficient operations of production shows, quality of performances and programmed events within the designated theater, venue or entertainment space. Oversees the production show team members and scheduling within assigned venue, execution of programming and protecting assets, resulting in achieving and exceeding guest and company expectations.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Protect and maintain production show integrity and approved content
- Maintain and update production show books with show blocking, props placement, plot of the set with marks, back stage tracks of the technicians and support personnel.
- Maintain and update show calling book with all light cues, spotlight cues, sound cues, automation calls and video calls
- Submit and manage all mxp orders for designated theater/venue
- Liaise with the Production Manager to ensure all technical aspects of the show and venue are running properly
- Run all technical rehearsals in the venue/theater for production shows and guest entertainers
- Make sure you are aware of all events taking place in the theater
- Act as house manager when productions are scheduled to open venue for guests
- Maintain a working schedule for all production cast members
- Maintain and update a production grid for the designated theater/venue to distribute to Cruise Director, departmental managers & supervisors, production show team members and other onboard departments as needed
- Write synopsis for end of cruise report to inform onboard management and shore side teams of production show elements and needs in assigned venue
- Write and distribute daily production reports
- Maintain and distribute weekly schedule of events for production show cast
- Maintain and distribute weekly rotation for the production cast for all assigned cruise programs events.
- Work with the Cruise Director to properly schedule all production installs, rehearsals and guest entertainers within assigned venue
- Work with the Install Production Stage Manager and Production team to ensure proper time is scheduled to install the shows on the ship; communicate prior to arrival and during install timeline and liaise with Cruise Director and onboard management for all requests and requirements
- Work with the Production Manager to make sure all production show sets, props and equipment are well maintained
- Make sure the assigned theater venue meets all safety codes and proper safety protocols are being followed
- Conduct frequent inspections and physically walk through assigned theater production spaces to ensure they are well maintained and kept according to policies
- Supervise the storerooms and inventories, adhering to safe storage practices
- Liaise with Company Manager to contribute to performance observations for all production cast members
- Supervise and include observations on evaluations (90-day new crew, monthly and end of contract) for all technical team members with the Technical Supervisor
- Hold weekly production meetings with Company Manager, Show Captains, Wardrobe Supervisor and Production Manager onboard to discuss schedule, issues and upcoming events
- Attend weekly company meetings with production cast members to discuss schedules, issues and upcoming events
- Attend weekly technical production meeting with Production Manager and technical team members to discuss issues, maintenance and operations
- Address all production team and guest issues in a timely manner; seek onboard resolutions and escalate to Manager, Productions and entertainment management if unable to resolve
- Take show notes to give to the cast on weekly basis
- Expected to be accessible and approachable with the guests, capable of being a patient listener while making the guests feel at home
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position
January 13, 2019 - September 1, 2019