National Yiddish Theatre Folksbiene
New York, NY 10280
The National Yiddish Theatre Folksbiene (NYTF) is the longest continuously producing Yiddish theatre company in the world. Now in its 105th season, NYTF is in residence at the Museum of Jewish Heritage – A Living Memorial to the Holocaust in Lower Manhattan. The 2019-20 season consists of four productions, as well as a wide range of concerts, staged reading and presentations for audiences of all ages. All NYTF Yiddish language productions feature simultaneous subtitles in English and Russian. The company also commissions and presents work in English and other languages as appropriate.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Production Manager is a salaried full-time position. The Production Manager has primary responsibility for the scheduling, budgeting, contracting and execution of all aspects of physical production, including scenery, lights, costumes, props, and sound for all productions in our home theater, 350 seat Edmond J. Safra Hall, and other venues as added in the course of the season. In addition to these responsibilities, the Production Manager oversees maintenance and operations of Safra Hall in collaboration with Museum of Jewish Heritage staff.
• oversee, monitor, and evaluate design process of all shows;
• work with designers to creatively solve all technical and financial challenges;
• in conjunction with designers and Artistic Director, manage the feasibility of aesthetic choices within budget.
• along with appropriate production personnel, bid out designs to appropriate vendors
• make arrangements for rehearsal, storage, and shop space;
• oversee scheduling, staffing and budgeting all aspects of show production;
• oversee hiring of Production staff in the shops and crew for shows;
• Prepare theater facility for season
• realize designs on time and on budget;
• manage Production Department budget, and other long-term budgets;
• consult on administration of payroll for all shows and production-related activity;
• manage, monitor, and approve all production-related expenses;
• lead production meetings and attend all technical rehearsals and previews; • maintain and manage the theater facility;
• coordinate all load ins and outs with appropriate administrative and managerial personnel
• experience in not-for-profit theatre, with working knowledge of AEA, SDC, USA and Local 802 practices,
• management experience
• thorough knowledge of all areas of theatrical production;
• strong background in technical theater, with an emphasis on technical direction;
• demonstrated ability to develop and work within approved budget;
• strong computer skills, including proficiency in Excel, or similar spreadsheet programs;
• ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather/analyze information skillfully;
• ability to work well in group problem-solving situations;
• ability to work under pressure on many projects and work with people of varying experience levels;
• strong verbal communication skills, diplomatic and leadership skills.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Production manager 2019 in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The National Yiddish Theatre Folksbiene is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
November 25, 2019 -