Molière In The Park (MIP), a Brooklyn based non-profit, dedicated to bringing yearly, free theater to Prospect Park, is seeking a Production Manager for it's inaugural season. Spring 2019 (through May – exact dates negotiable).
The Production Manager (PM) is a department head level position, reporting to both the Artistic Director (AD) and Producer, who oversees the daily operations and administration of the production department.
The PM is responsible for all production activity and all production personnel.
The PM will directly oversee the production staff and crew, and is responsible for production department budgetary performance and budget upkeep. The PM works closely with the AD and Producer to ensure the balance of artistic quality, personnel, budget and schedule.
- General Breakdown of Responsibilities: Works collaboratively with MIP production department staff, organizational staff, guest artists and freelancers to achieve the highest possible artistic standards within MIP’s financial, material and human resources available.
- Develops, maintains, and administers production budgets.
- Schedules and/or runs departmental meetings including: design meetings, production meetings, technical rehearsal schedules, production department heads meeting, etc. PM also manages production process to meet deadlines and benchmarks set in the production calendar.
- In collaboration with Artistic Director and Producer, contacts, contracts and collaborates with design teams for each production.
- To achieve the overall goals of the theatre, fosters positive working relationships between production departments and all other MIP departments through timely inter-departmental communication.
- Hires, supervises and evaluates production department heads and over-hire crew.
- Ensures that all production department work environments are safe, humane, and respectful.
- For all communiques (email, voicemail, memos), PM will be in accordance with professional standards.
- Oversees logistics, schedules and budgets for all MIP production facilities and operations.
- Contacts, contracts and oversees all specialists for production (e.g. fight director, dialect coach, child supervisor, musical director, etc.) and any MIP related activity.
- Oversees meeting deadlines for the purchasing, rental and/or acquisition of needed equipment, set, production and lighting supplies.
- Liaison with any rental managers.
- Assist in overseeing rentals and rental company purchases.
Flat fee on a by project basis.
MIP is committed to the diversity of its artists, staff, and interns, and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter, 3 references and a resume by email only. NO PHONE CALLS.
Please add in subject line: PRODUCTION MANAGER M.I.P.
February 25, 2019 - May 31, 2019
3500 flat fee