The New York Times
New York, NY 10018
Production Manager – The TimesCenter
Location: New York, NY
The New York Times is a global media organization dedicated to helping people understand the world through unrivaled, on-the-ground, expert and deeply reported independent journalism. To produce our signature journalism and dynamic products that stand apart, we recruit the finest talent in the world. The TimesCenter, located within The New York Times corporate headquarters in New York City, is a world-class, state-of-the-art special events venue hosting over 200 corporate and arts events annually, including New York Times specific events.
The TimesCenter seeks a production manager to join the technical production team. TimesCenter production managers are responsible for the logistics and execution of client events in the TimesCenter venue, and act as the senior staff person on duty for TimesCenter staff during events.
· Advancing and planning events with external and internal clients.
· Working with various entities in The New York Times building to secure a timely and efficient load-in/load-out.
· Managing onsite technical and house staffs while overseeing venue operations at large.
· Securing certain equipment requested by clients as well as ensuring floor plans, rigging plans, lighting and electrical plans in advance of an event are compliant with TimesCenter regulations.
· Occasionally act as a stage manager and call shows.
· Take responsibility for the wellbeing and safety of staff and guests within the venue.
· Ensure clients stay within bounds of contract with the TimesCenter.
· Oversee operations at the venue’s dock and interface directly with the Dock Master on duty as well as the building security team and New York Times security team.
· Work closely in tandem with the Senior Manager of Venue Operations to ensure contracts are properly executed through multiple advance walk-throughs and phone meetings over the course of several weeks with clients in advance of their event.
· 3-5 years experience in a production/corporate environment
· You are a team player who is happy to go wherever you are needed.
· You’re organized and ready to attack each challenge as presented with a good attitude.
· You have excellent verbal skills and don’t mind interacting with a variety of personalities, whether early morning or late night.
· Super responsive to emails and phone calls and hyper sensitive to customer service
November 1, 2018 -