About North Coast With a cast of improv comedy veterans in New York City, North Coast’s explosive performances have been packing comedy venues, universities, and festivals nationwide since 2009. Built around a single suggestion from an audience member, the show’s improvised scenes escalate into full-blown hip-hop songs. With their seamless melding of comedic timing and freestyle rapping abilities, North Coast frequently blurs the line between comedy show and concert, drawing audiences from the comedy, hip-hop, and theater communities for an experience that has been hailed as “mind-blowing” and “next level” by critics and audiences alike.
Summary / Primary Role:
The Marketing Associate helps maintain North Coast’s growing social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr etc. The ideal candidate would have Saturday night availability to help out at our weekly 9pm shows at The PIT. The role is part-time (2-5 hours a week) and remote - with the exception of the Saturday night show.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- 2-3 posts a week on social media (FB, TW, IG posts/stories)
- 1 monthly update email through MailChimp
- Discount ticket emails when necessary
- Sponsored Facebook posts as necessary
- Liaison to Timeout NY and other publications as necessary
- Show attendance:
- 50% of total North Coast monthly shows (with 1-2 weeks notice if unavailable) - currently that’s 2 shows a month if not more!)
- Help with merchandise and sign up sheet set up and monitering during shows
- Drive Conversions (e.g., email marketing, SEO, content) to increase traffic and ticket sales
- Marketing strategy and campaigns
- (Optional for commision) Marketing of the team to new and potential clients
- Cold-emailing and calling corporations, colleges, festivals etc. (for commission)
The Ideal candidate would also
- Be enthusiastic about comedy!
- Enjoy working as a team. Be a part of the North Coast family!
- Have an interest in learning about the entertainment industry.
- Wants to work in an exciting environment with a comedy team who has a growing presence and reputation
- Have Saturday night availability to help out at our weekly 9pm shows at The PIT
$175/Month. Free North Coast workshops and classes. There is also commission available for paid gigs brought to the team by the Intern.
To apply please send your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com.
November 9, 2019 -