New York, NY 10022
59E59 Theaters is seeking a full time Membership Coordinator. 59E59 Theaters is a not-for-profit theatrical complex which owns and occupies the building at 59 East 59th Street in New York City. The building contains three performing spaces of 196 seats, 98 seats and a flexible black box space of 49-65 seats. The Theater opened in 2004 and is endowed by its parent The Elysabeth Kleinhans Theatrical Foundation. In accordance with its mission, the Theater curates the presentation of American and international theatrical works new to New York City produced by not-for-profit companies. The Theater presents about 36 plays per year, divided into 4 quarterly seasons.
This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing and is dedicated to managing and expanding 59E59 Theaters’ membership base. Membership responsibilities include: renewal of existent and past members, tracking membership numbers for reporting, creating innovative methods for attracting new member, managing membership benefits.
The coordinator should have a strong attention to detail, a pleasing phone personality and be a compelling writer of direct and indirect solicitation materials. In addition the Coordinator will also have some event management duties planning and promoting events for 30 and under nights and quarterly member events.
· Oversee 59E59 Theaters’ membership and 30 and under membership programs, including:
o Create, send and track all membership materials, including: membership packets, renewal notices, monthly reminders, acknowledgements, and program benefits.
o Coordinate membership events.
o Keep inventory of Membership materials.
o With the Marketing Director and Marketing Manager, implement strategy for growing 59E59 Theaters membership.
o Keeping an accurate and up-to-date database and providing weekly reports to top management on membership statistics and trends.
· Update and maintain Membership database and segments in Audience View and Audience 360.
· Assist Marketing Manager in creating segments and targeting lists of single-ticket buyers list (snail mail and e-mail) for campaigns.
· Create Welcome Packets for Visiting Company Memberships and manage benefits associated with them.
· Provide customer service to new and existing Members.
· Maintain an ongoing relationship with neighborhood restaurants and parking garage that offer discounts to members and ticket holders.
· Research and identify new commercial partners for member benefit scheme.
· Researching third-party electronic mail channels and promotional partnership opportunities.
· Assist Marketing Department in proofing and editing all e-blasts, E:Bills, building print and advertisements.
· Assist Marketing Manager with the implementation of all bulk mail campaigns.
· Process Donation Requests and vouchers.
· Assist the marketing team with press nights and on and off-site events, as needed.
Qualified candidates should send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Membership Coordinator” that includes the following items:
- cover letter in body of email
- resume (as Word or PDF attachment)
59E59 Theaters is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications wil receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, National origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
For more information about 59E59 Theaters, please visit our website at http://www.59e59.org.
32,500 per yr